Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grand Turismo offers Black or Metallic Black...standard Maser colors I guess... any opinions... some say metallic is easier to keep and shows car off better.... Seems a little "bling" to me.. I am ordering the car this week.... thanks (new to forum)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
My GS is metallic black and it does look a little nicer than normal black (the colour of my wife's car), but it's down to taste.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely the Nero Carbonio or the metallic. I just got mine in this color and it really hides the dust/dirt that would show otherwise.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Plain jet black is the absolutely best color for any car. Pure, reflective, smooth.... shows off the lines and shines like nothing else.

However, a black car is a commitment. It is demanding. It shows dirt immediately. It shows swirl marks from every microscopic scratch caused by any grit in your wash rag/mitt. When jet black looks bad, it looks real bad.

Take the commitment of maintaining an Italian exotic and add the commitment of a jet black paint paint job and it starts to look like anybody who doesn't reduce the machine to "garage queen" status is insane. But, it is SOOOOOOO good.

Good wax applied regularly and meticulous attention to detail can make it work. No drive through car wash! :D

There's nothing wrong with metallic black. It may be the top choice for those who aren't nuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Metallic is the way to go

You deffinately want to go with metallic, it's super classy and no bling at all. I just recently picked one up after comparing it to the black.

·
Registered
196 Posts
ABB.

Anything But Black.

Like Henry Ford said: you can order the Model T in any color you want as long as it is not black. Or something like that ;-)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Black always looks the bees knees no question about it , but do you really want to double your car cleaning time , when you could be out driving and getting that wider and wider grin.

Lozcb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Three out of four of the GTs I have seen in the flesh are Granito. One was burgundy. On our test drive Saturday, we drove a granito/beige/walnut wood. It had the 20" wheels. Gorgeous.

What's up with the cheap "chrome" accents on the interior? Particularly those bits outlining the cup holders and the levers for reclining the front seats forwards. They really look out of place in such a fabulous interior.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BLACK... it is.........(for now ?)

Thanks guys... I am the one who started the thread.... just ordered the car 2 hours ago.... ordered NERO (regular black) still a bit unsure... I am pretty confident that I will stay after it..... cleaning etc...... (garage kept etc...)

The dealer said I can change it to metallic black into he next week or so.......... I went with classic "shammy" (beige) interior............ Drove the car for a while.. certainly not a "true sports car" However that is not what I wanted... I wanted a bit more luxury coupled with a set of ba..s

I think this car is a "wolf in sheep's clothing"............ works for me... will have the car in 3.5 months........( 110 days or so...)

thanks again..

JD.........new member

·
Registered
94 Posts
However, a black car is a commitment. It is demanding. It shows dirt immediately. It shows swirl marks from every microscopic scratch caused by any grit in your wash rag/mitt. When jet black looks bad, it looks real bad.
Black always looks the bees knees no question about it , but do you really want to double your car cleaning time
Now you guys tell me!!!

|
|
V​

·
Registered
274 Posts
When you wash it be sure to use the two bucket method , keeps those swirls to a minimum, its the only way .

Regards loz

·
Registered
52 Posts
BLACK IS ALWAYS GREAT..GETS YOU THE BEST PARKING SPOT IN FRONT.

GO BLACK....Check out mine..gl

·
Registered
339 Posts
go metalic

I have (had) plain black. Entire car is being repainted with the metalic black at the moment. Plain black shows every swirl mark and scratch, as well as dirt (if it's not road salt or rain spray, it's pollen all summer long for a nice golden dust layer each day). If I had a garage to keep it in and didn't drive it often (20k miles a year), I might not care, but I need something that hides the dirt a little better.

Look at both upclose in person, I'm sure you'll like the metalic finish better as to me it looks a little deeper and richer than the plain black.

If you get the chance to go past a RR dealer, the metalic black on the new Phantom is the nicest paint finish I've ever seen. It's beyone "deep", it looks like a never ending abyss!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts