Maserati Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think the whole question, here, is the durability and permanence of the fix. What the more expensive option provides (per its reputation) is the permanent answer, from what little, admittedly, I know.

It's a crime, really, that this whole issue plagues this and other supposedly "quality" makes. Maserati definitely benefits from their current tie to Stelantis, in this mundane and simple regard.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Can you define "more in tune with the market" ? What is the market? There is not a single other company worldwide that provides the level of quality as us. I don't say that with any arrogance, it's just a fact. I'll add that our current backlog is 10-12 weeks so apparently the market is fine with what we offer and the cost :cool:

The last couple of days I've been somewhat tied to my desk working on another project so that's the only reason I've been here - generally I have very little time to post.
Some people like bmw, chevy, rollls, ford. Some people buy new, others only second hand. Everything has a cost. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts
Can you define "more in tune with the market" ? What is the market? There is not a single other company worldwide that provides the level of quality as us. I don't say that with any arrogance, it's just a fact. I'll add that our current backlog is 10-12 weeks so apparently the market is fine with what we offer and the cost :cool:

The last couple of days I've been somewhat tied to my desk working on another project so that's the only reason I've been here - generally I have very little time to post.
Sure premium service requires premium pricing - we can all agree on that. It's like Uber Eats, yes it costs a bit more than going to a restaurant but it is CONVENIENT for those who choose to use the service. But if you are asking me to grow my own food, just so I can get bring it to a restaurant for them to cook it and then get Uber to deliver it to my table - that defeats the convenience aspect. So rip the car apart, wait 2 to 3 months, put it back together then enjoy. Or, at fraction of the cost, buy new parts, get them swapped in a day and move on. Am I going to keep this car for the next 5 or 10 years before the new buttons go sticky, NOT likely at all. I think, at least for me, in the most simplest of terms I would equate this to hiring a guy to paint my house and he tells me it will cost multiple of the actual cost to build the walls and I would have to do all the prep work myself...thus the 'in tune with the market' statement, but thumbs up for counterfeit capitalism.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sure premium service requires premium pricing - we can all agree on that. It's like Uber Eats, yes it costs a bit more than going to a restaurant but it is CONVENIENT for those who choose to use the service. But if you are asking me to grow my own food, just so I can get bring it to a restaurant for them to cook it and then get Uber to deliver it to my table - that defeats the convenience aspect. So rip the car apart, wait 2 to 3 months, put it back together then enjoy. Or, at fraction of the cost, buy new parts, get them swapped in a day and move on. Am I going to keep this car for the next 5 or 10 years before the new buttons go sticky, NOT likely at all. I think, at least for me, in the most simplest of terms I would equate this to hiring a guy to paint my house and he tells me it will cost multiple of the actual cost to build the walls and I would have to do all the prep work myself...thus the 'in tune with the market' statement, but thumbs up for counterfeit capitalism.
So this may be the most nonsensical post I've ever read....

First, you stated that we should be more in tune with the market (price wise). You cannot back up that statement as it suggests you found another company providing equivalent quality and value for a lower price. I'll add, it would also take more than one company doing so to establish the "market"

Second, yep - buying all new parts is an option (at least for a GT). However, for many other cars (Ferrari and such) that is not an option as they are no longer available. And, it's not a "fraction" of the cost. Plenty of new parts will also arrive in the box sticky (ask me how I know).

Third, most customers don't want to buy new and have them fail again, if you were the majority, we would not be in business.

Fourth, new parts don't require the massive amount of labor hours to disassemble and strip them bare - you left that part out.

Lastly, haters are gonna hate. People like to attack when they want something but can't get their way. :cool: I would actually say the market has spoken because we have a massive amount of business so for the few that don't find value, that's OK - we are grateful to the majority who do. :giggle:

·
Registered
633 Posts

First, you stated that we should be more in tune with the market (price wise). You cannot back up that statement as it suggests you found another company providing equivalent quality and value for a lower price. I'll add, it would also take more than one company doing so to establish the "market"

Second, yep - buying all new parts is an option (at least for a GT). However, for many other cars (Ferrari and such) that is not an option as they are no longer available. And, it's not a "fraction" of the cost. Plenty of new parts will also arrive in the box sticky (ask me how I know).

Third, most customers don't want to buy new and have them fail again, if you were the majority, we would not be in business.

Fourth, new parts don't require the massive amount of labor hours to disassemble and strip them bare - you left that part out.

Lastly, haters are gonna hate. People like to attack when they want something but can't get their way. :cool: I would actually say the market has spoken because we have a massive amount of business so for the few that don't find value, that's OK - we are grateful to the majority who do. :giggle:
I watched some of your videos and process looks amazing. I'm pretty sure that heat pays a factor. I've done goof off on my buttons. It looks ok, but I'm looking forward to redoing this whole thing with a process that doesn't go sticky again. Living in Hawaii, i don't want it to happen again, and i will keep my GT forever.

Do you guys do core exchanges? It could help reduce the amount of time the car is in pieces.

PS, i use medical lasers in my work all the time. Normally we are using them for ablative processes. Pretty cool to watch your laser etching process.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I watched some of your videos and process looks amazing. I'm pretty sure that heat pays a factor. I've done goof off on my buttons. It looks ok, but I'm looking forward to redoing this whole thing with a process that doesn't go sticky again. Living in Hawaii, i don't want it to happen again, and i will keep my GT forever.

Do you guys do core exchanges? It could help reduce the amount of time the car is in pieces.

PS, i use medical lasers in my work all the time. Normally we are using them for ablative processes. Pretty cool to watch your laser etching process.
Thank you.

Sticky RX is a division of my 25 year engineering and manufacturing company. We also mark steels, etc - see this:

We do a lot of work for Ferrari of Hawaii :cool:

Yes, heat and humidity will accelerate the failure.

We do not do core exchanges as that is a very complex situation - we do it only on a few select parts (none for Maserati)

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts

You will always lose your moral high ground and dilute your argument by calling people names - always. :cool:

·
Registered
961 Posts
You will always lose your moral high ground and dilute your argument by calling people names - always. :cool:
I didn’t call you a name. You started off by referencing market price which you still cannot support. Then you moved to turn around time. I’d submit you just can’t be pleased but it’s OK.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts