Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know the proper cleaner for the interior of my 2015 GT ? I had a 2011 and it came with that beautiful sticky black plastic crapy trim. Now my beloved 2015 Grand Turismo Convertible, 25k miles, is heading toward that horrible feel. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
528 Posts
Nope, search the forum and you will find several ok tricks. Only way to do it right is to remove and send to a company that will refinish them. I used alcohol to clean. Takes a hell of a lot of elbow grease and worked ok. This is the main reason I’ll never buy another Maserati or sports car that uses that crappy black sticky stuff. Hate it.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
523 Posts

beat solution but major pita. Can’t believe you have to do this on a 100k+ car.
I found that often you can pick up brand new parts from Scuderia for less than what it costs to refinish these parts. Added bonus is - you are not without a car for days or weeks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I found that often you can pick up brand new parts from Scuderia for less than what it costs to refinish these parts. Added bonus is - you are not without a car for days or weeks.
In many cases, yes this is true. In some cases, it's not.

• In some cases, new parts come in the box sticky
  • In some cases, new parts are no longer available

- In ALL cases, new parts will fail again. Our refinished parts are hard touch and won't fail again and we laser etch all graphics unlike the company posted above who uses stickers.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
551 Posts
Anyone ever wonder what Sticky RX and SNM use to remove the sticky stuff before refinishing? Is the secret not available to us? :cool: :p

Reactions: rdown76

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
528 Posts
Anyone ever wonder what Sticky RX and SNM use to remove the sticky stuff before refinishing? Is the secret not available to us? :cool: :p
Probably alcohol based and just buff it off. They pretty much do a whole new button. We can get the sticky stuff off…..just a major pita.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Probably alcohol based and just buff it off. They pretty much do a whole new button. We can get the sticky stuff off…..just a major pita.
We start with an ultrasonic cleaner and have posted that for years. Iso alocohol is the only chemical that works without hurting the plastic. All the other internet nonsense product just have iso in them. We do a crap ton of hand scrapping too. The prep work is a ton of work to do it correctly. Can't speak to waht SNM does as in general he only cleans parts and hopes the graphics don't get destroyed coz if they do, you get a sticker.

·
Registered
952 Posts
If you want exceptional quality with reasonable pricing, Sticky RX is the ONLY way to go. When we had our GT, I bought several parts from Dave and they were absolutely perfect. The poor quality of the materials used on the interior (and other areas), along with abysmal service, are major factors in our decision to never own another Maserati.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
551 Posts
We start with an ultrasonic cleaner and have posted that for years. Iso alocohol is the only chemical that works without hurting the plastic. All the other internet nonsense product just have iso in them. We do a crap ton of hand scrapping too. The prep work is a ton of work to do it correctly. Can't speak to waht SNM does as in general he only cleans parts and hopes the graphics don't get destroyed coz if they do, you get a sticker.
Thanks Dave, Although I'm not there yet with the stickiness, I'll know where do go when I do have the issue!
Thanks for all you contribute here!

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a member on here that does a PERFECT job restoring all of the sticky buttons, vents, bezels. The best by far...and his prices are 1/4 what some of the business' charge Do yourself a huge favor and look up Lorenzo on here. He has done two sets for me and they are OEM/Factory perfect right down to the excellent laser graphics. He should pop up on several of these "sticky button' threads if you search, he is the best
His member handle on here is: Lorenz-06MT, Lorenzo Rizzo.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Hey, I know who he is ..yeah, Lorenzo .. he worked for Ferrari - Maserati in Italy and was the engineer credited for deliberately designing the buttons to turn sticky, then moved to the US and started his now skyrocketing button restoration business ! :p :p

·
Registered
963 Posts
There is a member on here that does a PERFECT job restoring all of the sticky buttons, vents, bezels. The best by far...and his prices are 1/4 what some of the business' charge Do yourself a huge favor and look up Lorenzo on here. He has done two sets for me and they are OEM/Factory perfect right down to the excellent laser graphics. He should pop up on several of these "sticky button' threads if you search, he is the best
His member handle on here is: Lorenz-06MT, Lorenzo Rizzo.
I know Lorenzo and he is a good guy but your post is not accurate - he does NOT do any laser etching.

·
Registered
963 Posts
(y) Well not sure if he does it "laser" or not but they come out absolutely perfect and look identical to factory and his pricing is awesome.
I know exactly what he does and Larry is a good guy.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like the work you guys do but I bet if your prices were more in tune with the market I almost guarantee that everyone here would get their sticky buttons redone.
Can you define "more in tune with the market" ? What is the market? There is not a single other company worldwide that provides the level of quality as us. I don't say that with any arrogance, it's just a fact. I'll add that our current backlog is 10-12 weeks so apparently the market is fine with what we offer and the cost :cool:

The last couple of days I've been somewhat tied to my desk working on another project so that's the only reason I've been here - generally I have very little time to post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts