Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Maserati -- just got myself a gorgeous black-black GranTurismo here in Southern CA. I have to say, so far, I'm exstatic! Even the radio goes to 11 :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm new to Maserati -- just got myself a gorgeous black-black GranTurismo here in Southern CA. I have to say, so far, I'm exstatic! Even the radio goes to 11 :)
Were you able to purchase that out of dealer inventory?

Beautiful car for sure. I drove one 2 weeks ago at SF in same combination.

Liked the car but not the brakes.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome to the Maserati Family...

I am sure a year from now, even 10 years from now that car will bring smile to your face every time you think about it....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I placed my order last month in Black and Cuoio. It is not going to be ready until May 2008. It think Granturismo looks better in darker colors especially black. That is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey, where in the OC are you? I'm in Irvine, if you are ever in my area, I would love to check out your new car.

Eric

·
Registered
695 Posts
FMofOC, FMofNB, & FMofSD, are owned under same umbrella - FMSoCal: www.fmsocal.com/

I was just curious if this was a car you ordered or, as Gcalo asked, if it was out of their inventory. At one time, I was told that all USA import GTurmiso thru the end of 2007 were sold.

Anyway, congrats on the new car. Hopefully FMSoCal will get a demo later - I would love to drive it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
---I was just curious if this was a car you ordered or, as Gcalo asked, if it was out of their inventory. At one time, I was told that all USA import GTurmiso thru the end of 2007 were sold.
This is exactly what I am trying to find out.

I don't think the demand is there as they had thought it would be. F of SF has a few coupes in stock!

The black coupe I drove was only allowed to be driven 2-4 miles on a test drive! Is that ridiculous?

They have the car for sale and don't want much mileage on it.

How is one supposed to get a true feel of the car?

I lost a bit of interest in the car as a result of that. I drove an hour to get there to see and drive the car, and the test drive was like putting 25 cents into a rocking pony!

I think I am going to buy a Carrera 997 4S cabrio instead.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The black coupe I drove was only allowed to be driven 2-4 miles on a test drive! Is that ridiculous?
Remember when the NSX was first marketed? NO test drives allowed. They offered a buyback if you didn't like it withing xx miles of purchase. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Remember when the NSX was first marketed? NO test drives allowed. They offered a buyback if you didn't like it withing xx miles of purchase. :rolleyes:

You can see how long that car lasted in the market place!

Do you think I am going to write a check for that new car w/o a more intensive driving experience?

Not a chance!

So since I had only one brief opportunity to experience the car, Maserati has had only one brief experience with my buying interest!

They can keep it. I don't need it and the Bentley is looking more interesting to me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can see how long that car lasted in the market place!

Do you think I am going to write a check for that new car w/o a more intensive driving experience?

Not a chance!

So since I had only one brief opportunity to experience the car, Maserati has had only one brief experience with my buying interest!

They can keep it. I don't need it and the Bentley is looking more interesting to me.
Absolutely my point. If the driving experience is so great, test drives will move the inventory. Let the people drive!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts