Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't think you have to drop it, just make sure they hold your car order till the kit is available and then fit the car with it.
Looks like you're right, but whats odd is you can't order the car anymore to your specs. So in my case, I'm going with a black car and the carbon fiber exterior pieces kinda get lost in the mix, I probably would have preferred to change my exterior color so the carbon stands out a bit more. They should have made this announcement earlier is the bottom line. I ordered an alcantara steering wheel, which with this news now is a waste of money because this one has a carbon fiber rim. I ordered the aluminum pedals of which these are different, so again I'm essentially thowing money down the drain. Same with my black piano trim. If they continue to make the GranTurismo S in 2010, thats different, but they claim 2009 only so your stuck biting the bullet. Also is the dealer going to install the lowered suspension and all the other options or the factory? More questions than answers at this point.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Pizzaman: the line "GranTurismo S is only a 2009 product" is not true. Message from Modena.

However, the GT S in its current shape may be a 2009 product, meaning they may bring out a slightly different version in 2010 (with auto tranny?).

·
Registered
824 Posts
Pizzaman: the line "GranTurismo S is only a 2009 product" is not true. Message from Modena.

However, the GT S in its current shape may be a 2009 product, meaning they may bring out a slightly different version in 2010 (with auto tranny?).
This is funny. I never believed it was a single model year only car.... too much engineering invested.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I pretty much agree in engine only. If I would have to guess, I think the S is the last of the true F1 transmission and thats what makes it unique. After 2009, I don't think we'll ever see that transmission again in a Maserati. The automatic, while nice, isn't quite as fun in my book. If anything the new S whenever that comes out may be double clutch to differentiate it from the regular automatic. I think the body kit and rims will too be forever unique to the S, I don't think they'll transfer those to the 2010. The exhaust I hope will always be available on S models. Just my guesses.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope I can retro fit mine! :mad:
I think you will. I get the vibe that you, like me, are pissed off at this news. Not at the concept, that I love, its the piss poor timing. This should have been an option from day one so you could really select the car that best mated to the black rims and carbon, now you have to retrofit to whatever car you have. I honestly think I would have changed my color choice if I knew this option ahead of time. Oh well, thats typical Italian management for you. I bet this kit will be $10k minimum. I guess if you get it, you'll have an extra set of rims that you'll have to sell on your own and the service guys will have to rip out your dashboard to replace with carbon parts which of course you'll get screwed with more labor costs instead of it being done at the factory to begin with. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think you will. I get the vibe that you, like me, are pissed off at this news. Not at the concept, that I love, its the piss poor timing. This should have been an option from day one so you could really select the car that best mated to the black rims and carbon, now you have to retrofit to whatever car you have. I honestly think I would have changed my color choice if I knew this option ahead of time. Oh well, thats typical Italian management for you. I bet this kit will be $10k minimum. I guess if you get it, you'll have an extra set of rims that you'll have to sell on your own and the service guys will have to rip out your dashboard to replace with carbon parts which of course you'll get screwed with more labor costs instead of it being done at the factory to begin with. Unbelievable.
Pissed would be putting it nicely. Especially since I asked about additional CF add-ons. I would have gone for this 100%, and, had my car been delivered when promised, I may have had the chance to add this. All I can hope for is a better option from someone else, that will not be a factory add-on. Although, the interior and mirrors would have been nice to have from the factory...I like the CF wheel, but hard pressed between that and Alcantara...maybe Alcantara with flat bottom CF would be ideal :rolleyes: Also, Im changing my wheels already, so no loss there. Still not happy about this at all...If they would have done next fall, I wouldn't feel as strongly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Apparently, this "package" is for the S only.
The info on the maserati website shows:

"The GranTurismo S, the ultimate expression of Maserati performance on roads, was the model chosen to present to the public the first proposals of the “MC Sport Line” catalogue, which will be extended in the GranTurismo range and then cover the entire Maserati line-up during the course of 2009."

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It will be interesting if the kit for the standard GranTurismo is a dead ringer for the one shown above. Technically I don't see why not, the only exception would be the two piped exhaust with black tips instead of the single tip of the S.

I guess for some the debate will become should I get the standard car with all the modifications or just get the S for what essentially might be the same price.

If anyone hears any news about this kit from their dealer, please post it so we can compare what we're hearing. Maybe the dealer/sponsor Maserati of Minneapolis can chime in on what MNA sales & marketing is telling him for us USA customers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
So...my dealer was clueless on this, just as shocked as us. They had no word, when I said MC Sport Line, they thought I was nuts, then insisted it was a Euro thing, until I showed them the US site. They also said they do not understand how there can be new orders, since they are supposedly going to offer the auto trans only, in the GT-S from now on. :confused:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts