Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Finally, I'll pick up my GS on this SAT morning ... so excited! But a bit worried about whether I can handle the F1 gearbox smoothly :p

Cheers :)
DMC

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Don't baby it. Always drive in the "Sport" setting. Don't worry about feathering the gas pedal. Just drive...

You'll pick it up quickly!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Give it a week..

..and your passengers won't know you've changed gear. It's easy as pie and you will LOVE it ! Manuals and autos become so last century in comparison :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Don't worry about feathering the gas pedal. Just drive...
...in the beginning. But once you get comfortable to and understand how the transmission shifts, you will want to learn how to use the loud pedal to smooth out the shift transitions - just another skill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...in the beginning. But once you get comfortable to and understand how the transmission shifts, you will want to learn how to use the loud pedal to smooth out the shift transitions - just another skill.
Thank you guys!

Could someone elaborate what the meaning of "use the loud pedal to smooth out the shift transitions"?

Cheers,
DMC

·
Registered
203 Posts
Loud pedal

Thank you guys!

Could someone elaborate what the meaning of "use the loud pedal to smooth out the shift transitions"?

Cheers,
DMC
You lift off ever so lightly, you'll get the knack in a few days and it then becomes second nature. It's an almost imperceptible amount of movement !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts