Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd like to know as well (y)

5,019 Posts
It looks cool and the bigger brakes fill up the wheel better...The quality is excellent...If you need new rotors this maybe a good option...Honestly, a lot brake stuff is cosmetic...Wheels got larger and you can't have a pizza cutter back there as a rotor...I mean how fast can you go on the street that you need carbon ceramic brakes? It is race car shit on a street car for looks...Jason

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks cool and the bigger brakes fill up the wheel better...The quality is excellent...If you need new rotors this maybe a good option...Honestly, a lot brake stuff is cosmetic...Wheels got larger and you can't have a pizza cutter back there as a rotor...I mean how fast can you go on the street that you need carbon ceramic brakes? It is race car shit on a street car for looks...Jason
I’m in the middle of nowhere for exotic mechanics and have a QuickJack. My car is my hobby, retired and have more money than time. The cost difference between stock and the FD is probably worth it for me when all considered. I just need to know the down side eg. Noise...squealing etc.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I’m in the middle of nowhere for exotic mechanics and have a QuickJack. My car is my hobby, retired and have more money than time. The cost difference between stock and the FD is probably worth it for me when all considered. I just need to know the down side eg. Noise...squealing etc.
Give them a call, Those guys at FD are so down to earth and honest, I had the pleasure of stopping in their shop while visiting Vegas and one of the guys took 45 mins out of their day just to show me all their products, They talked to me about this very brake set you are looking at, they sold me! (haven't needed to buy a set yet) They will tell you the Pros, cons if any. Well worth the call.

5,019 Posts
We have never had them make noise or really have any issues...J

Reactions: Cynabar

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
173 Posts
Give them a call, Those guys at FD are so down to earth and honest, I had the pleasure of stopping in their shop while visiting Vegas and one of the guys took 45 mins out of their day just to show me all their products, They talked to me about this very brake set you are looking at, they sold me! (haven't needed to buy a set yet) They will tell you the Pros, cons if any. Well worth the call.
I can agree with robin, very honest and knowledgeable with these cars. honesty and integrity is something that's hard to come by these days they have it give them a call.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve been dealing with Jeff for over ten years. Just wanted to hear that there are no problems with the product from the forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased the FD BBK a little while ago, and love the upgrade over the stock rotors, the clean stainless steel brake lines that are included, and the black rotor "hat" that each brake rotor shows off. Against a pair of Black rims also, this setup is amazing. Posting some pics for reference of when I purchased, installed, and completed this kit, on my MC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I saw half of a pixel of dust in your last pic next to your passenger side front tire... :p

Man, that's a great addition, very nice! 👍👍👍

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ok that's pretty clean. Love the carbon center caps

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
287 Posts
I purchased the FD BBK a little while ago, and love the upgrade over the stock rotors, the clean stainless steel brake lines that are included, and the black rotor "hat" that each brake rotor shows off. Against a pair of Black rims also, this setup is amazing. Posting some pics for reference of when I purchased, installed, and completed this kit, on my MC.
View attachment 135909
View attachment 135900 View attachment 135901 View attachment 135902 View attachment 135903 View attachment 135904 View attachment 135905 View attachment 135908
A red phone to match the red callipers - nice.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,899 Posts
Looks outstanding !! ( and I’m not a fan of dark wheels, or carbon fiber anything, but can’t deny that it’s a great looking combination ! ) (y) (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts