Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tracking the Spyder at Le Belle Macchine D'Italia at Pocono in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had any experience/tips on best ways to bring the car up. I'd really like to tow it up somehow behind the SUV and enjoy the car once there. There are rental outfits like Penske & U-Haul (I can't believe I actually thinking about this :confused:).

Any thoughts?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I would contract with a local trailer dealer near you if you decide to tow it yourself. I've towed them behind our Porsche Cayenne S and even a Ford Expedition on a 16ft flatbed with no problems. Hint, tow it facing backwards, easier to load / unload and it seems to tow well that way. Local trailer outfits are usually willing to rent out some great purpose built trailers that have far less miles than the u-haul / penske route ( which also don't accept low cars very easily )

Otherwise, there are some good outfits for transport, contact Joe @ the event and he'll point you at some sponsers that do good work specializing in these cars.

I'll look for you there!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm tracking the Spyder at Le Belle Macchine D'Italia at Pocono in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had any experience/tips on best ways to bring the car up. I'd really like to tow it up somehow behind the SUV and enjoy the car once there. There are rental outfits like Penske & U-Haul (I can't believe I actually thinking about this :confused:).

Any thoughts?

Ummmm, why not drive it? Only a few hours each way.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be fantastic to drive the car up but, all the gear & luggage needed for two for four days just won't fit in the Spyder's trunk. I also worry about the possibility of getting stranded up in PA if something were to go wrong with the car. I definitely DO plan on enjoying the car in the mountains once I get there though. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts