Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Not true, I have used Autotrader many times, from a Dodge Durango to my last 3 Porsches, the last one a 99 911 with a GT3 body kit actually sold in less then a week to guy from FLA temporarily working overseas, bought it (live) sight unseen, FedX'd a certif check. To me the "list with pix until it sells price" is a great deal and the search critieria for the buyer is much easier to use and sort then any of the rest. Cars.com is ok but two thumbs up for Autotrader from me. S-

I could be mistaken but I think Autotrader is only for dealer listings not private sale.

·
Registered
625 Posts
.....good catch, never realized that...thx, I stand corrected!

Actually, some cars are not available for private sale on the Autotrader proper site. Some cars are deemed "specialty" cars and those private sale ads must be placed on Autotrader Classics which is a different site with different costs. Maseratis are considered a "specialty" car.

So, even though you see Maseratis sold on Autotrader.com those are all delaer ads. Private sale ads for Maseratis will only appear on the Autotrader Classics site. Don't know how much traffic goes to the Autotrader Classics site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts