Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get a F430 a few weeks ago, and am looking to sell my 2003 Maserati Spyder. It's been a great car, and in great shape. Out of warranty now, with high mileage (~46k).
Anyone have any ideas besides listing on Maserati Life? Ebay doesn't seem to be very fruitful, based on searching current listings, which show little activity. Of course, that may be an accurate indication of the market for these when used.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think ebay works well for showing the cars, but the deals are not necessarily closed through ebay. That was how I found my GS.

But I would use a high end used car dealer, most of them work with consignement, and I'm sure there are a few in your area.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
agreed...eBay seems to be more of a social networking site when selling high-end cars. It's just one method to match buyer/seller but, seems to usually happen outside the site. Be sure there is a clear way for those interested to get to you directly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your inputs.
Mike

I think ebay works well for showing the cars, but the deals are not necessarily closed through ebay. That was how I found my GS.

But I would use a high end used car dealer, most of them work with consignement, and I'm sure there are a few in your area.

Good luck!
agreed...eBay seems to be more of a social networking site when selling high-end cars. It's just one method to match buyer/seller but, seems to usually happen outside the site. Be sure there is a clear way for those interested to get to you directly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mike,

Please let us know what worked for you, I'm sure there are others in the bay area (me!) who will need to do the same at some point.

Deane

·
Registered
478 Posts
I found mine on cars.com, where the FM dealer listed the car. It seems that cars.com and ebay don't overlap inventory too much.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have tried to watch the classifieds here but they don't show a listing date and so you have no idea if they are current. Also I got a PM about one listing and the seller told me he wanted to lower his listing price and there was no way to revise it here. I am not trying to be critical of maseratilife but with a few small changes we could have a much more useful classified section that would draw more cars and eventually more forum participants.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have tried to watch the classifieds here but they don't show a listing date and so you have no idea if they are current. Also I got a PM about one listing and the seller told me he wanted to lower his listing price and there was no way to revise it here. I am not trying to be critical of maseratilife but with a few small changes we could have a much more useful classified section that would draw more cars and eventually more forum participants.
Or even just create a "member cars for sale" sub forum....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts