Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Maserati friends: I own a GS MCV and a Quattroporte Sport GT and I am very happy with the cars they are great and I have loads of fun with them. One aspect that I would like more input is when launching from stop. I tend to get either too much wheelspin with MSP off or too much MSP involvement, when it is on. I've tried brake and throttling, stomping on the accelerator and I've yet to launch smoothly and super quickly. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Not sure of how to best answer this question but, part of the answer could be tire selection. I've noticed massive wheelspin with my P-Zeros when temps are near or below 40F. Also, part of the problem for me seems to have been the fact that prior to installing my Formula Dynamics DBW module, throttle modulation off the line is difficult at best. You have to stomp the accelerator down over 1/2 way to just get the car to react (clutch engagement issues) then, the car starts to move but, because your foot is into the floor boards, you now start spinning tires (or engaging MSP) once the clutch has fully engaged. The DBW makes the connection between your foot and the car's response much more predictable....thereby allowing you to modulate throttle better - IMHO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like DBW is the answer. That good? I did the FD sway bars and the springs with fantastic results, I guess I'll have to look into the FD catalogue again.
Thanks for the responses. By the way the Pzeros do spin excessively at lower temps.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The PZero's are summer tires (its not that cold in italy anyway), officially anything around 5 Celsius (not sure whats that in Fahrenheit) or below that you need winter tires.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The PZero's are summer tires (its not that cold in italy anyway), officially anything around 5 Celsius (not sure whats that in Fahrenheit) or below that you need winter tires.
+1

when I was still using my GS as an everyday commuter until last November, I remember that the last few weeks were really great fun... the rear tires would always spin wildly all the way to 3rd gear when the temperatures were below 40F.

Took the car out today at 55F, no wheelspin beyond 1st gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts