Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

This is really the first black car I have owned and I am very aware that it is different from other paints in respect to caring for it.

1. Please give me your general tips
2. What sort of cover do you recommend?
3. Would you recommend a california car duster to be used after driving before putting on the a car cover?

http://www.amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-62445-Detailing/dp/B002TPRNFE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

4. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would not recommend using a california duster!

I would recommend using a waterless wash. Every 2-3 times I drive my car, I give it a waterless wash using up to a dozen plush microfiber towels.

If you are going to use a cover, make sure you wash the cover prior to putting it on the car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not recommend using a california duster!

I would recommend using a waterless wash. Every 2-3 times I drive my car, I give it a waterless wash using up to a dozen plush microfiber towels.

If you are going to use a cover, make sure you wash the cover prior to putting it on the car.
I do use the Meguires waterless but I do use the California duster before...

Why wash the cover before. To soften it up?

·
Registered
235 Posts
On occasion with prior cars, I also used to use a california duster. However, with the Maserati (mine is also black), I noticed that I was beginning to induce some marring. My Maserati is a total dust magnet.

As for washing the cover, it is about removing any dust or anything else that may have settled on it. It's inevitable that anything that had settled on the cover will end up on the inside of the cover while taking the cover off and storing it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Late reply, I would not recommend waterless wash as that dust on your car has silicates in it ( glass) and any wiping will cause microscopic scratches. I would suggest a ceramic coat which although isn't cheap will protect your paint give a great mirror shine and repel dirt.
I would also recommended a 2 bucket wash , ie, hose car off ,have one bucket with car shampoo., maguires is good,wash car, rinse, and with the second clean bucket use this to rinse your chamois as you dry off the car. This will minimise any scratching.
I would then add a quick detail , maguires has an easy to use one. Use clean micro cloths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts