Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the best to fill up the tank, especially for my Maserati?

I typically fill up when I get down to 1/4 to 1/5 of my tank. If I drive to almost empty, what (if any) harm am I doing to my car?

What's the ideal level to fill er up again?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I don't think running on low gas "harms" the car. :confused:

Best not to mix fuels though (not sure if you can buy high octane vs regular gas over there, but here they generally offer two and I'd stick to the same one all the time).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd have said look to be filling up after 1/2 a tank - stops the crud from the bottom blocking the fuel filter (though it maserati have a special tank design, I'm happy to be corrected)

Either way.. you don't know the meaning of the word fuel price till you've been to the UK! :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you are driving the car...

It doesn't matter when you fill up. But if you are storing the car or not using it that often, it is best to keep the tank full. If the tank is full there is less room for the tank to sweat and get moisture in the system....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
lol i thought this thread was going to be about time of day. morning is best when the fuel is cold so you get more for your money lol.
Leadfoot....I thought where you were going with your posts was that fuel would be cheaper in the morning because by the evening it would be 10cents higher. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.