Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna comment on the best once a month or every other month wax for that deep gloss shine? Guy at Properautocare suggesting Blackfire Wet Diamond. never used it before. Have a 2009 Blue Netuno GranTurismo. Anyone with any experiences (pos or neg) ? Anyone with any other suggestions? Not aa fanatic, but want the best shine for the time....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've used Griots Garage "Best of Show" wax on all my cars for 15+ years. Great stuff. I figure if its good enough to use on cars that win at Pebble Beach, its good enough for mine! :D

Also, a lot of the folks who attend our event (Italian Concours here in Washington), also use Griots. See the "Little Car, Big Victory" story right underneath the Alfa story.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/from+the+podium/2008+podium.do

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
former Zymol zealot....switched to Zaino & happy

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've tried most waxes and am most happy with Black Magic Carnauba wax. Easy to apply, easy to remove, no white residue and a terrific shine. This product includes optical brighteners which enhance shine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I tried Hammerhead

Hammerhead - Waxing Frenzy - amazing on dark colors.
It left too many swirls and white residue, so I switched to Zaino and my car now looks like it has a layer of glass over the paint.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
This topic is just as volatile as asking "what oil is best".....I'm sure if you ask 100 enthusiasts, you'll get 100 different empassioned responses.

But, we all know Zaino is best! HaHa! :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
It left too many swirls and white residue, so I switched to Zaino and my car now looks like it has a layer of glass over the paint.
Surprised as I find it very easy to work with. Can do the car in 20-30 min after each carwash. Griots prduces some pretty amazing results as well, but is a little harder to work with. Guess I will have to give Zaino a shot sometime.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, i checked out zaino, but it seemed to me like you needed to do an entire elaborate "system" I prob should have specified, but in the interest of ease, which wax would you suggest I.e. not interested in having to use "accelleratoors" or "kickers" or anything other than the old Karate Kid reference, "wax on, wax off....."

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try the PS21 or S100 waxes. They go one easy, off easy, and do not leave white crap where the edge of the clear bra is.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try the PS21 or S100 waxes. They go one easy, off easy, and do not leave white crap where the edge of the clear bra is.
Agreed - P21S is really easy to use.

I can't say it's the best because I haven't tried all the other options out there but I can do my entire car from wash to wax in an hour or so and I'm very happy with the results. The following products are so easy to use - no white residues and no elbow grease required. The process I use is Optimum No Rinse for the easiest soap-free and virtually water-free car wash I've ever seen, followed by the Optimum cleanser (if needed), Optimum Opti-seal and P21s wax to finish.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have tried many types and really can't reconcile spending any more than the bare minimum - they all seem the same. I use Turtle Wax Platinum - $4 a tin on sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
p21s is great. no white stuff on the rubber. the important thing with p21s is you only do about a 20 inch x 20 inch section. wipe on wipe off. groits has some great small red applicators that work great.

·
Registered
455 Posts
P21s as well but the key is in "the prep". cover ups are a quick fix and I never did like the synthetic look too much.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I Have Used Wolfgang Products For The Last Year Amazing Products.
Not Cheap But Great Results With Minimum Effort.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts