Maserati Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I've tried applying mine twice - fully prepped w/ 3m cleaner, then applied heat gun to warm up, then attached. It has pulled away at the top right corner (when viewed from the back of the car) for about a length of 2 inches. I really don't want to drill into the bumper there as it would look "wonky." Any ideas on better attaching it? Appreciate any help.

· Registered
29 Posts
I've tried applying mine twice - fully prepped w/ 3m cleaner, then applied heat gun to warm up, then attached. It has pulled away at the top right corner (when viewed from the back of the car) for about a length of 2 inches. I really don't want to drill into the bumper there as it would look "wonky." Any ideas on better attaching it? Appreciate any help.
I have had no such problems with fitment and would definitely not recommend drilling in a visible location or adding any holes to the original bodywork. I used a Capet tape adhesive approved for outdoor use.

· Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Understood. However, mine is pulling loose at the top corner where a screw would be seen. I'm trying to see if there are any alternatives that could augment the double-sided tape that is failing.
What did you use to stick it? The issue I find with VHB is not getting it to stick, it's getting the damned stuff to come off IF you press it on hard enough and long enough to activate it

C

· Registered
32 Posts
Just received and installed my MD diffuser today using 3M VHB and and a couple supplied screws underneath the bumper at the corners. Seems pretty strong so far. I must add that shipping from Maxton UK was super fast! Ordered on the 12th and delivered today.

· Registered
29 Posts
Wanted to follow through on this in that I did go get the outdoor carpet tape, removed ALL the old stuff (what a PITA) and reapplied w/ a heat gun to insure everything was warm and tacky as possible. It's been a month now and it is holding perfectly! Thank you for the suggestion.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts