Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, the thousandth topic on rear diffuser add on.

I saw Robin installed a carbon fiber bolt on from extreme spoiler. Looks very straight fwd and ok price. Fit is the only issue but hard to find a non oem part that fits perfectly.

Any other recommendations or is that the best one in terms of looks and simplicity?

· Registered
380 Posts
I don't have the specific link because I bought it a while ago, but just search carbon fiber spoiler for GT on ebay. Whole bunch come up

Reactions: rdown76

· Registered
Granturismo S 2015
4 Posts
I don't have the specific link because I bought it a while ago, but just search carbon fiber spoiler for GT on ebay. Whole bunch come up
Hi @jetspeed
Also looking at this Maxton design - They say on their website that it fits a GT till 2011 but I can see yours is a 2013 - And they said they could not guarantee fit as they had not tested on later models. You didn't have any problems installing it, you said... is it just bolting it on with the screws underneath ? What did you do to make it sit flush towards the bumper ?
Your guidance is much appreciated :)
Ps. mine is a 2014 and I don't think there's any design change between the years

· Registered
380 Posts
Hi @jetspeed
Also looking at this Maxton design - They say on their website that it fits a GT till 2011 but I can see yours is a 2013 - And they said they could not guarantee fit as they had not tested on later models. You didn't have any problems installing it, you said... is it just bolting it on with the screws underneath ? What did you do to make it sit flush towards the bumper ?
Your guidance is much appreciated :)
Ps. mine is a 2014 and I don't think there's any design change between the years
I'm not sure why it says it fits up to 2011 because the rear bumpers share the same part number between 2008-2017, so it will indeed fit yours. Mine was installed with 3M double sided tape as well as 2 bolts under the diffuser into the fender just for added durability and wear against wind disruption. Very easy install and looks great.

· Registered
Granturismo S 2015
4 Posts
I'm not sure why it says it fits up to 2011 because the rear bumpers share the same part number between 2008-2017, so it will indeed fit yours. Mine was installed with 3M double sided tape as well as 2 bolts under the diffuser into the fender just for added durability and wear against wind disruption. Very easy install and looks great.
Thanks alot for confirming @jetspeed - Much appreciated. Yeah, I saw the picture of yours - looks awesome

· Registered
29 Posts
Maxton Design diffuser. Cost me $300 CAD. Easy install.
View attachment 133213
Just received my MD today like this one, but comes w/ 8 screws for attachment. I certainly don't want to drill through existing bumper and then put screws where they can clearly be seen. Can you confirm if yours came w/ the double-sided tape or if you chose to do that install method as an alternative. Any others with this design, please feel free to chime in.... Appreciate any up close install pictures as well so I can assess whether to keep this version or look for an alternative.

Gary

· Registered
Maserati Granturismo
171 Posts
Just received my MD today like this one, but comes w/ 8 screws for attachment. I certainly don't want to drill through existing bumper and then put screws where they can clearly be seen. Can you confirm if yours came w/ the double-sided tape or if you chose to do that install method as an alternative. Any others with this design, please feel free to chime in.... Appreciate any up close install pictures as well so I can assess whether to keep this version or look for an alternative.

Gary
Didn’t think the maxton one screwed on ?

· Registered
201 Posts
I have the same maxton diffuser as what jetspeed above posted and that requires you to drill into your rear bumper or use heavy duty double sided tape. I havent installed mine yet as I also didnt want to drill holes in my bumper when I originally bought it last year. But now since im doing a bunch of little aftermarket mods im not to worried about driling a few small holes in the plastic. I dont think its a good idea to use double sided tape only on the diffuser as it sits at a steep angle that I think would make it prone to falling off unless also screwed in a few places.

· Registered
29 Posts
Similar to what was mentioned above by jetspeed. I used double-sided tape along all edges but also drilled the diffuser for more peace of mind. The bottom of the bumper has a few original screws to score to the car. I lined up and pre-drilled holes in this piece prior to install and are out of sight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts