Maserati Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder how many Maserati CC to 6spd conversions have been done thus far? I'd estimate....... perhaps zero?

I can't imagine it being financially viable unless you had a donor car for parts and pieces, and even then I'm not so sure.

As much as I'd like to believe my 6spd GT Coupe is so rare that it's worth is through the roof, the fact is that (today) it just isn't. Fortunately, it does not hamper my enjoyment owning and driving the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just listed my 2004 GT Coupe locally here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Red with tan interior, 6 spd manual, 40k kms (25k miles). I put it up for $32k Canadian ($24k USD) and will see what happens. I have 2 summer cars and next year would be the "parked" year for the Maserati........which is too sad. Will see what happens, let fate decide, lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi all - been looking around for quite some time now and seems like the typical outlets never seem to have any coupe 6mt's for sale. Im talking cl, ebay, autotrader, cargurus, etc.

Any suggestions on where else to look? even the forums are sparse :/

I am in nyc.
Currently, 9/16/2019, there are 21 Coupes and 10 are identified as Coupe GTs at cars.com. I looked quickly. They all appeared to be stick shift.

So GT almost half the cars.com inventory. What fraction of the Coupes were stick shift?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I looked again. There were 5 of the 10 GT's that were actually Cambiocorsa.

5 were GT, or at least included actual pictures of a stick shift.

I did not look at the Cambiocorsas to see if there were any stick shifts there.

So 25% of the cars.com listings are stick shifts today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure which 5 CCC is talking about, but of the 22 cars 3 have photos of an actual stick. People constantly label there CC’s as GT’s and label there’s sees as manual in the description.
If you click the GT box on the cars.com search panel and manual box it shows 10 results. Of those 3 have a PIC of the stick shift.
This has been the same for at LEAST the last 5 years....how long we’ve owned are Rosso Bologna Coupe GT. (Plus the half year before when looking for one.
Red sticks are easily some of the rarest.
According to a rep from Maserati of North America that I emailed back and forth a couple of years ago...approximately 2250 Coupes were brought to the U.S between 2002-2006. Of those about 225 were GT.
In addition about 90% of those 225 are in the various Silver, Black or Gray colors.
The only hard number she would confirm was that only 13 Rosso Bologna GT Coupes were imported to the U.S
I saw a blue one at The Italian Gathering in Dublin OH Labor Day weekend. That is the FIRST GT Coupe I’ve seen (in person). since we bought our car.
One guy at the the show came up to my wife said he had one...but didn’t bring it ( he was from Indiana).
We have been to many car shows, most of which have been Italian car focused.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 10% for GT's sounds about right, though I'd have thought that Rosso Bologna would be a more popular colour choice than 6% (for a car that boasts a Ferrari link)! Having said that, most I see are indeed silver, grey or black...... so maybe.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure which 5 CCC is talking about, but of the 22 cars 3 have photos of an actual stick. People constantly label there CC’s as GT’s and label there’s sees as manual in the description.
If you click the GT box on the cars.com search panel and manual box it shows 10 results. Of those 3 have a PIC of the stick shift.
This has been the same for at LEAST the last 5 years....how long we’ve owned are Rosso Bologna Coupe GT. (Plus the half year before when looking for one.
Red sticks are easily some of the rarest.
According to a rep from Maserati of North America that I emailed back and forth a couple of years ago...approximately 2250 Coupes were brought to the U.S between 2002-2006. Of those about 225 were GT.
In addition about 90% of those 225 are in the various Silver, Black or Gray colors.
The only hard number she would confirm was that only 13 Rosso Bologna GT Coupes were imported to the U.S
I saw a blue one at The Italian Gathering in Dublin OH Labor Day weekend. That is the FIRST GT Coupe I’ve seen (in person). since we bought our car.
One guy at the the show came up to my wife said he had one...but didn’t bring it ( he was from Indiana).
We have been to many car shows, most of which have been Italian car focused.

Hope that helps
I see stick shifts in these six pictures.

There was one listing with a single stock photo so we cannot tell.
There were four listings showing the D-R Cambiocorsa lever.

So 6 listings are GT-Stick, or 26% of the 23 4200s available today.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ll be in Seattle in December and will make it a point to check out that red car to see if it is actually there. I’ve requested information from that dealer several times with no reply, so it’s possible that the car is long gone and they use that to bait people. It’s happened to me at a different dealer.

The gray model is very much still for sale as I’ve communicated with the seller but being on the other side of the country makes it a little harder to get too excited about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I just watched my red 6spd GT Coupe drive away with its new owner. I only listed locally, but had lots of inquiries in the 2 weeks it took to sell.

Bitter-sweet as always. It caused me no troubles in the year (7,000 kms) I owned it, and though it was a bit much for a everyday driver, it never let me down. If anything I was a bit too mild mannered for it!

Thanks to all here for the advice and conversation. Best of luck to all you Maserati owners (including the newest one!).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Lorenz's 2006 Coupe GT 6spd with all of the modifications to make it look exactly like a GranSport inside and out. Just under 15K original miles. I hate to even say this, but I'm looking to gauge interest in selling it to someone here on the forum. I've seen manual listings online for anywhere between 20K - 33K USD based on year, condition, mileage, etc... There's definitely only 1 of these cars so I'm looking at the high end of that price range. PM me if you have any interest and want to chat about it. This car has been amazing, so I may also talk myself out of this crazy idea! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Johnathon. Your images didn’t show for me...?

I’ve been contemplating a stick. My GS is amazing and with nearly all the FD mods, but I long to shift and clutch one myself.

I’d be more interested in some performance mods such as suspension and exhaust...ie FD springs, sway bars, etc and Xpipe, decats and better mufflers, than for a it to look like a GS. What, if any, performance mods have been done to your car?

Thanks

Curtis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts