Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all - been looking around for quite some time now and seems like the typical outlets never seem to have any coupe 6mt's for sale. Im talking cl, ebay, autotrader, cargurus, etc.

Any suggestions on where else to look? even the forums are sparse :/

I am in nyc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hi all - been looking around for quite some time now and seems like the typical outlets never seem to have any coupe 6mt's for sale. Im talking cl, ebay, autotrader, cargurus, etc.

Any suggestions on where else to look? even the forums are sparse :/

I am in nyc.
They're out there, just rare. Broaden your time frame, and one will be along.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have seen a few low mile 6 speed coupes, but coupes always seem to have more mileage than the spiders. They can be driven all year round easier I guess. Keep looking as 6 speeds do pop up, but only 1100 in the world so not common and 574 spiders. By the way, I still have not had any issues with my 6 speed spider. I truly think 4200's would be worth a lot more if Maserati had made all real 6 speeds and had put stiffer springs in the car from the factory. Cambiocorsa cars are nice to drive but expensive to maintain the CC clutch system thus scaring off buyers due to rumors(wich are true)..

·
Registered
456 Posts
seems about 5-10k overpriced. unless im wrong here?
I think that in the condition it's in and the mods it has, that should be where this 3 pedal should be. Don't mind me, but I may be biased here considering I myself have a 3 pedal and absolutely love it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think that in the condition it's in and the mods it has, that should be where this 3 pedal should be. Don't mind me, but I may be biased here considering I myself have a 3 pedal and absolutely love it!
Ehh... That's a $20k car, assuming it's had a clutch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Found my GT (Spyder) at a salvage auction...they are getting scarce, but it might be worth checking Copart and other auctions if you're ok with doing any work on it.

Edit: you can also create free accounts and set search alerts (for Maserati coupe GT) on sites like AutoTrader and eBay etc. Search tempest is a great way to search multiple craigslist sites across the country also...good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed. The red one has button and other interior issues but cheap. High mileage
So with the "high mileage" of almost 70k, it should have had at least one clutch done by now, correct?

Its still for sale and the price is extremely tempting, even if it does need a clutch. You also have to like the Red with Blue interior combo haha

Anyone close by to check this out? Im flying up to Seattle in a few months anyways, maybe I can make it a one-way trip

·
Registered
427 Posts
It is true that 6MT cars are rare, but it is also true that without the CC these are very reliable and endearing cars so, like me, owners have no interest in selling them and probably visit these forums less often because they're not sorting out transmission and service problems. Also remember these cars are in the last generation of truly manual cars, and they won't come again.

The searches for 6MT cars are hard because all the CC guys say they have a "manual transmission", which is true, but you can only be sure of what you're looking at when you see a picture of the stick or three pedals. I bought mine sight-unseen on the Internet, at the seller's list price, about 5 years ago because I recognised what I was getting and I've never regretted it.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Couple of thoughts on this:

I've been searching 4200's for about a year and half. Oddly I've seen in that time at least four 3-pedal cars where the seller had failed to change their ad template or some such, and listed a true manual as an automatic, and/or as a model "Cambiocorsa". Were I not in the habit of wasting gobs of time looking at ads for cars I don't want to buy (in this case, the Cambiocorsa), I'd never have known these were 3-pedal cars.

Another thing: I've just spoken with Roberto Roselli at his shop nearby in San Jose, who says he can do a manual conversion for about $2500, all in. That price surprised me. I'm guessing the bits you take out are worth a good deal more than the bits you put in.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Couple of thoughts on this:

I've been searching 4200's for about a year and half. Oddly I've seen in that time at least four 3-pedal cars where the seller had failed to change their ad template or some such, and listed a true manual as an automatic, and/or as a model "Cambiocorsa". Were I not in the habit of wasting gobs of time looking at ads for cars I don't want to buy (in this case, the Cambiocorsa), I'd never have known these were 3-pedal cars.

Another thing: I've just spoken with Roberto Roselli at his shop nearby in San Jose, who says he can do a manual conversion for about $2500, all in. That price surprised me. I'm guessing the bits you take out are worth a good deal more than the bits you put in.
What??? Convert a CC to a 3 pedal for $2500???

·
Registered
9 Posts

Do you have his contact info? I’d love I speak to him because there is a smoking deal on a CC close to me in a color combo I like. I figured the swap wasn’t worth it because I figured it would cost more than $4k and that brought the price really close to the 3 pedal cars, without the hassle of the swap.

The fact that he says he can do it doesn’t surprise me other than the fact that nobody before him was doing this.

This is a common upgrade for the E46 M3 and it’s SMG transmission to convert it to a manual.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The control turret (which seems to include the cables) is only $138 on Eurospares and then you need a bunch of bits and pieces at the transmission. The knobs are crazy expensive, buy hey a knob is a knob so you can get aftermarket. My guess the big problem could come if you remove the F1 control unit would it drive the ECU crazy?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
CoupeCambioChicago
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing