Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Am leaning towards the Avorio, salesman thought most people prefer Cuoio. Maybe even Blue Navy looks nice. Also trim -leaning towards Mahogany, but the CF is nice too. Salesman said most people actually order a wood trim. Black piano looks fine too. Too many choices!
Your thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hello, i have avorio in my qp. if that's the color you want, you will love it, but don't get any chicken curry on the leather. :p

nero/cuoio is nice. very very delicious color. classic. the interior will age better in this leather than avorio.

nero/blue does not look right IMO. hard to match the wood too. if you go carbon or piano black it would be okay.

nero/nero with red stitchings and carbon (as in their promo shots when the Sport GT came out) is very sporty.

nero/burgandy looks good too. if you like red.

do not trust those color swatches. see how it looks for the entire interior, especially the blue. go check out a few cars in person and sit in it and see.

really hard to say what is best. pick the one you like.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Woof woof, lucky dog ;-)
With the black car I would get a cuoio or cuoio sella interior.
I feel the all black look is, well, too black.
I do dig the bordeaux also. Burgundy that is, not normally such a fan of it, but Maserati appear to be making an especially delish variety.
I feel that avorio is way too light, too easily smudged, and to be honest, a little boring. It would be least favorite of the colours named, after the all black.
Then again, i drive a black on black XJR..... so FWIW and all that ;-)
Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a nero carbonio (metallic black) coupe with the then-named "tabaco" interior. This was the darkest of the browns/beiges then available. It is more of a baseball glove/saddle color. It is stunning, particularly with the briarwood trim. If I were outfitting a QP, I would be after this look. I believe the Cuoio Sella is the closest match to my Tabaco. I would order black carpets, as inevitably the "beige" of the leather never matches the "beige" of the carpet, and have the seats trimmed with black piping.

I've attached an unfortunately over-exposed photo, which was used to ID some damage to my briarwood trim. The true color is much darker and richer than the photo indicates.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Help with colors #1

(make sure you tell your browser to zoom in, all of these are large photos)

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Help with colors #2

Let me know if you want to see closeups or any other color combinations. It might take me a day or two to sort through my pictures (I've amassed thousands), but I can probably find what you're looking for.

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey thanks a million, but I am in Australia. The pictures were much appreciated. G'day to you all:)
You're welcome. I'm not tryin to sell you a car, just trying to help you pick your color combo. It's hard to visualize what these things actually look like put together, so even if you are in Australia I'm still happy to help!

Let me know if you want to see any other colors.

- Mark

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just yesterday I saw my salesman sell a QT Sport black ext w/ burgundy and black piping. That car was HOTT, I would have bought it if I wasn't picking up a coupe already!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts