Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years '02-'05

2+2 seating, Is there room for 2 adults in the back?
what other differences?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under 5'5"?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually, I guess I'd have to disagree - while the back seat is small - this isn't a sedan, after all - I think it is pretty roomy for the type of car this is. My other sports car is a Porsche - ever try to get in the back seat of one of those? The Maserati is much bigger. No, I don't think a 6+ footer would be comfortable, but I've had friends ride in the back for short rides without complaint.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any other differences? Is the trunk size the same?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The spyder will put foam on your latte better than the coupe, thanks to a somewhat less-than-rigid body.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i have a 90th anniversary spyder, which is essentially a GS spyder. The GS (coupe) handles better. The car is firmer, more precise.

the spyder is less claustrophobic with the top up, but with the top down it is obviously the reverse. it has a shorter wheelbase.

if you want an open top car, go for the spyder. otherwise, stick with the coupe/GS.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Here are some differences I found from the 2005 brochure/specifications section:

Length:
Coupe 178.1 in
Spider 169.4 in

Wheelbase:
Coupe: 104.7 in
Spider: 96.1 in

Turning Circle:
Coupe: 39.4 ft
Spider: 37.7 ft

Trunk:
Coupe: 11.1 cubic feet
Spider: 10.6 cubic feet

Curb Weight
Coupe: 3,725 lb
Spider: 3,792 lb
Gransport: 3,769 lb

Speed:
Coupe 0-60 4.8s 1/4 mile: 13.0, top speed 175mph @ 7500rpm
Spider 0-60 4.9s 1/4 mile: 13.3, top speed 177mph @ 7500rpm
Gransport: 0-60 4.75s 1/2 mile: 12.8, top speed 180mph @ 7550rpm

All models can go 55mph in reverse.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think you have the coupe/spyder top speed swapped. Pretty sure coupe=177.

I always loved the reverse top speed stat. Great bar/pub conversation.

The spyder has a storage compartment between the seats, above the console.

The rear seat of the coupe is ok, especially if the front seats passengers are shorter and have the seats forward. I will take 2-3 people to lunch in it. Long road trip with 4, not so much.

Perfect for kids though.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Years '02-'05

2+2 seating, Is there room for 2 adults in the back?
what other differences?
Actually, the rear seats are pretty roomy compared to a few of the alternatives (other sports coupes). The M6/6-series, for example, has much less room in the rear seats than the Maserati. I've had "grown-ups" in the back seat quite often in my Coupe. The kids actually don't like it as much because the seats are quite low.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you guys missed the big 'obvious'.....

Tubi + Top Down = Eargasm

:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
A little bit of other trivia:

Both the Alfa Romeo 8C and the Zagato GS are built upon the Spyder platform. And, Oh, yeah, the CMSL is better integrated into the body/tail of the Spyder. :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
further to the 8C and Zagato GS, i think the Touring Superleggera A8GCS might also be built on the GS Spyder platform... i try to compare its wheelbase but it doesnt match either the GS or GS Spyder, but it is a 2 seater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.