Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I did 150mph last night, I got home and all of a sudden there is a high rev noise, it's like the engine never settles down once warm etc.
Also I took it today for a short drive around town, the high rev, about 1000-1100 rpm, noise still present and now I get all kinds of beeping sounds. The outside temperature was about 51*F so nothing like freezing.The car drives normal with the beeping of the start in 1st gear and by the time I was pulling into my garrage it kept on beeping on and on until I stopped the car.
Any ideea what can it be?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's asking for more! ;)

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
No idea but I would throw on an OBDII reader and see if any codes pop up. If not, then off to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

I did 150mph last night, I got home and all of a sudden there is a high rev noise, it's like the engine never settles down once warm etc.
Also I took it today for a short drive around town, the high rev, about 1000-1100 rpm, noise still present and now I get all kinds of beeping sounds. The outside temperature was about 51*F so nothing like freezing.The car drives normal with the beeping of the start in 1st gear and by the time I was pulling into my garrage it kept on beeping on and on until I stopped the car.
Any ideea what can it be?

Did you notice any CEL's on the dash, there is a light and a beep that comes on when you are going to fast. I would bet you threw a code, the OBD will erase it and you will be good to go. I have had my speedo up to 175 one time, the slow down light came on with the beep, it stopped once I slowed down but with the firmware in the ECU of these cars it could just be stuck... You could cut the battery off for a few minutes and that will reset things as well, just use the cut off switch in the trunk..

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Make sure it's not just your alarm system telling you that it went off. Try arming & disarming it with your key remote.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Slow Down indicator means the pre-cats are starting to overheat - it is caused by a sub-optimal design because the pre-cats (seperate and distinct from another set of main cats farther back) are integrated in to the headers so they overheat easily. I have had constant problems with this and evntually removed the packing from the precats to prevent them from self destructing and causing a whole bunch of other more serious issues.

Every time the Slow Down light came on my CEL would also come on and the car would start misfiring etc. Not sure if it is the same type of issue but I think that you should take it in.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No light on dashboard on...

So I did the battery reset trick and here is what happened.
From the get go the high rev went away but not the beeping so since I had to go for a few blocks I kept on driving with the beeping going on every time a moved the car from a stop situation no matter if it was in gear 1 or gear 2 and guess what? After a few blocks the beeping went away all the way home, everything seems normal the beast drive ok and no more beeps. Other things I've tried was the ice and sport buttons on and off and nothing happened except normal stuff.
I have my hopes up that everything it'll be fine from now on.
Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
After a few blocks the beeping went away all the way home, everything seems normal the beast drive ok and no more beeps.
I have my hopes up that everything it'll be fine from now on.
Thanks to all of you.
Fickle like Italian women! ;)

But,......you know we can't live without 'em!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know now!!!

:)Beeping comes from switching from let's say gear 3 etc to neutral planning a stop and not doing it so for whatever reason. So the computer records one command and once it's cancelled cannot cope with the result and goes nuts.
The whorst part it was that shortly after the engine died pulling into the garrage, seems it flooded with gas and took a few tries to get it going again, it runs ok now, very cold here in the Northwest so because of the beautyful sunny day I've washed it, drove it home, cover on and I'm waiting for another beautifull day out.:)
New album and new pics under my profile...enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.