Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my gt convertible did not start one morning, I hooked up the trickle charger for about 1/2 hour and it started . I thought the battery was bad and was prepared to buy a new one, as this battery is at least 3 years old. However upon further inspection I noticed the battery( which is an oem maserati one) had fill caps on them. I had added distilled water to each fill hole. 2 of them were covered with a label i removed the label and refilled those also . my battery came back to life , I went to Interstate battery and they checked the battery and they said the battery was fine just needed a little charge. I didnt realize that This battery was a serviceable one . So with that said I would check the battery for water levels every 6 months . PS each one of the Fills took about 1 1/2 cups of water. Normal size coffee paper cups. Next morning I did notice some overflow on my garage floor .I must have put too much water in 1 or 2 of the fills ,

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
If your battery is 3 years old I would have picked up a new battery at the Interstate store while you were there...When you have to add water to a battery like that ,the end is usually near....Jason

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Jason im going to try to squeeze out the summer with it, I don,t really travel far or go on long trips , I keep it on trickle charge in my garage when not in use.also the tech gave me a print out after checking the battery that said battery good .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just my .02, i have owned several exotics, and messing with a failing battery is not worth the hassle. At the first sign of anything weird, I replace. I mean, its the cheapest piece of assurance you can buy for these cars. Why risk being stranded! Or even worse?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts