Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left the lights on and keys in ignition for few hours , battery died, jump started the car, 06 quadaporte, now it truns everything fine, but these warning come on, airbag system failure, electrical system not programmed, please bring to dealer, how do i reset the system ?? tys for any help

·
Registered
250 Posts
battery problem any help is appreciated

I had the same problem when I purchased my QP. The seller, an independent dealer, replaced the battery and fault codes lit up the dashboard. There is a section in the owners manual that discusses initialization after battery disconnect under the sunroof instructions; however, the discussion is limited to setting the auto settings. In the end, the car had to go to the dealer for the computer to resync the car. I waited and watched and it took about an hour on the computer. When I initially called the dealer, my service advisor told me not to "freak out," that I could still drive it, and that I should get a battery tender to prevent drain in the future.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Why not try turning off the battery switch. Turn on and then turn key to 1st position only for 15-20 seconds w/o touching anything, and then start the car allowing it to idle for 5 minutes.

It may work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is NO battery cut off switch in the QP. However this is an EASY fix.
Remove the key from the ignition and close the doors. Open the trunk, remove battery cover and unbolt the NEGATIVE battery cable (rear most cable next to tail light). Remove the top cover of the positive terminal board (black box-like thing). Take a long screwdriver and thread it through the negative terminal on the cable, now touch one of the forward most studs on top of Positive terminal board, keep the positive and negative connected for about 15 seconds, this will bleed all the voltage from all the ECU's. DO NOT TOUCH THE BODY OF THE CAR WITH THE SCREWDRIVER, IT IS "LIVE" WITH POSITVE VOLTAGE. Reconnect the negative and start the car, all the lights should now be out. Then go throught the reinitialization process in the owners manual for sunroof etc.
You are now done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tys for the help

all i did was unscrew the negative from the battery, and then reconnected it , now everything is fine and dandy :) tys again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts