Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just got back into town after being gone for the week. Was walking through the Garage, and noticed my driver side door open. Naturaly I paniced as it would indicate battery would be drained, particularly since its been a week. Sure enough, there is NO juice. F1 pump doesn't initiate when opening or closing the door and trying to start the car, barely brings up some of the red icons in the TAC area.

My question to you all is what to do? Can this car get a "jump", should I get one of those battery "rechargers" that you can buy at a walmart and stick through the "cigaret" lighter? Shall I go to a "pepboys" and buy a battery?

Are these special batteries? and will an autozone, michellin or other such store have appropriate batteries in stock? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
633 Posts
In my experience this car can be Jump-Started. Though it may take a few minutes of being hooked up to the jumper car. Then just take it out for a drive. Though without a new battery or a charger it might drain faster than normal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my experience this car can be Jump-Started. Though it may take a few minutes of being hooked up to the jumper car. Then just take it out for a drive. Though without a new battery or a charger it might drain faster than normal.
Thanks Briik. I searched quite a bit for a battery with the specs of what is currently in my car. Turns out no one had an interstate megatron mt-48 in stock. However found a si-48 from battery pluse. With a 690 cca and a 740 ca. Will look to change out the battery tomorrow. Btw looks like our cars have a ventilation tube going into the battery. Anyone know if the battery specs are in line with our cars? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
431 Posts
battery woe

New battery? -depends how old/what condition your old battery is.

I would invest ina ctek smart charger first and let it revitalise/recondition your old battery. Should charge up ok.
After it has fully charged, see how she still holds charge and then consider a good battery. Always as a good practice hook up to the ctek when not in use.

best of bombay luck duck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
New battery? -depends how old/what condition your old battery is.

I would invest ina ctek smart charger first and let it revitalise/recondition your old battery. Should charge up ok.
After it has fully charged, see how she still holds charge and then consider a good battery. Always as a good practice hook up to the ctek when not in use.

best of bombay luck duck!
agree with you 007
No point jumping the car because no matter how long you drive. it wont go back to normal conditon. Invest on a battery charger so that you can use it in the future as well. always good to have one in your garage.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
++1

·
Registered
93 Posts
A Must Have...see Below:

Seller: Titan Motorsports (contact this seller)
Items:
1 of: CTEK MULTI US 3300 Battery Charger For 12-volt lead-acid batteries by CTEK

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hey Kev - I second your opinion on the C-Tek. I have the 3300 based on your advice about six months ago. BTW - I was blasting around your way this afternoon Rt 123 South & had lunch w/the wife in Occoquan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dead Battery - 2006 Quattroporte - Was able to open the trunk and access the battery, however, the red (positive) terminal doesn't look familiar. There are several screws of varying colors where I expect the positive terminal to be located?? Any help with which one is the positive terminal would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
agree with you 007
No point jumping the car because no matter how long you drive. it wont go back to normal conditon. Invest on a battery charger so that you can use it in the future as well. always good to have one in your garage.
Yes, but make sure it's a batteryTENDER, not battery charger which can cause problems. The Battery Tender keeps the exact correct amount of juice maintained when necessary without overcharging. Keep plugged in when not using car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
battery charger/tender

The CTEK unit is a battery charger and when it has finished charging through its various cycles acts as a battery tender, so you can apparently leave it on for months at a time.

You can buy seperate adapters to connect to other vehicles (plug and Play).

No affiliation with CTEK

·
Registered
4 Posts
battery dead- can't even open the trunk

Hi,
I have an '07 Qport and was using a cig lighter btty tender to keep it fresh thru the winter but i must have let it sit too long. Now the btty is dead and I can't get the trunk to open. Of course, the manual is in the trunk as well. I plugged a battery jump box into the cig ligher hoping to give it enough juice to get the trunk open but nada. The dash lites came up so its getting more juice but maybe not enough for the trunk release. Is there a backup trunk release that anyone knows of? any other thoughts? Do i need to "rest" something? Weather just getting warm enuff to go for a quick spin up here. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
306 Posts
opening the trunk

Can't comment on the flat battery I'm afraid. For the trunk situation, from the other posts I've read you should be able to unlock it manually with the key and the trunk lock. However it isn't easy and you have to apply so much torque that you feel like you're going to either snap the key key in two or injure yourself in the process!

·
Registered
306 Posts
trunk release

or maybe that's only applicable to the coupe trunk releases - anyone else confirm this???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boy, I am so glad you noted that-- "you have to apply so much torque that you feel like you're going to either snap the key key in two or injure yourself in the process!" because you are exactly right! I felt a wrist hernia coming on so i gave up on the key approach. If this is what it takes I'll have to nut it out and try again. thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
152 Posts
was told the correct interstate batter is MTF91 with the vent kit. Just had mine replaced for $99 with labor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cup97 you are my new hero! I turned the key until i thought for sure it would break and the trunk popped right open. Jumped the battery and went for a ride! thanks so much for the guidance, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ctek tender for $69

Just saw one offered in a catalog I was scanning through at home. I'll find it this evening and post the information tomorrow. I've only seen them for $99 before.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Weissach,

Not a problem, the only reason I had heard of it was through the knowledge and lessons shared on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No more wrist strain guys while trying to open trunk manually with key (any model) simply insert key with right hand and place left four-arm on trunk and push down slightly causing less pressure on latch an turn key with ease. As for the batteries trickle chargers are the best for charging in winter or long periods of time simply plug in and forget it it shuts off automatically so that it doesnt deplete your battery life. hope this helps some.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.