Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not using a car battery will kill them...trickle charger or not...It has been proven on this forum over and over...Cars that sit go through batteries..Battery is a H-8...All M145 cars take the same battery....Jason
Yeah, but was maybe 4-5 months max and my '13 GTS was driven even less w/ no battery failure.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
All those batteries from Walmart, Pep Boys etc... are just junk...Countless times a year I pull those things out of vehicles and they are less than 12 months old etc...People are always like "It is brand new" when we tell them it is bad..We usually install an Interstate and they lost their receipt for the POS battery..Happens at least once a month...So if you get stuck buying on of these on a weekend or something then save your receipt....Jason
So which battery you recommend and from what I can see, can't order a battery and get it delivered?! I haven't had to replace a battery in ages....

3,133 Posts
I like the following in order....Interstate, ACDelco, & Bosch...I think Amazon has AC Delco and Oddesey brands available.. It is a H8 or group 49...It doesn't need to be AGM, but won't hurt if it is....Jason

·
Registered
80 Posts
Most batteries in the US are made by only 3 companies: Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn. Interstate batteries are made by Johnson Controls who also make the batteries for Wal-Mart, Autozone etc.

3,133 Posts
Google?? I can only imagine they are making them to different specs for whom they are making them for....An Interstate is much better than a Autozone battery etc....I replace a lot of batteries so I know what I remove from vehicles., but it is a free country...Jason

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
+1 Same company, but definitely different specs and quality ; analogous to Toyota ; makes both the Corolla and Lexus. Many other examples, but wanted to keep this on a car theme ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Google?? I can only imagine they are making them to different specs for whom they are making them for....An Interstate is much better than a Autozone battery etc....I replace a lot of batteries so I know what I remove from vehicles., but it is a free country...Jason
Appreciate all the responses here on this thread! Jason, please provide a link to the Interstate battery I need to buy, or PM me and I will gladly buy from you, as long as you can ship it!

3,133 Posts
We don't sell parts or ship stuff..

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Also, most ( if not all .. ) independent auto service shops locally can source an Interstate battery ( the right one ) for you and have it there either on the same day you call them , or latest the very next day ..so just check with any of those places .

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Diehard agm may be a great battery I really dont know, but even the good ones fail sometimes... so getting it through Amazon... what do you if you have a problem? Who tests it and warranties it? Do you box it up and ship it back? Who pays for shipping? Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Wow, this has added up to quite a few posts on ( a simple ) battery sourcing task... Hmm, thinking at this point the quickest solution would be this: run down to the local hardware store, buy these, along with a roll of duct tape, and a couple of wires, tape all the batteries together along with the wires at each end of the pack ( make sure the wires are attached to the positive end of one battery and the negative end of another ) and there you go.. forget Interstate, or DieHard, or AGM ones...
acdelco-aaa-batteries-ac274-64_1000.jpg

Sorry, evidently I'm having a slow day and couldn't resist clowning around a bit.. 😉🙃

21 - 40 of 52 Posts