Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So haven't been to vacation house I keep Masi in for months and noticed, the Masi charger had a red light on it. I restarted it and stage one flashes a little, then the green light starts blinking. I think battery is shot. How the hell do I get in?! I tried using the manual key in door, but nada....

·
Registered
721 Posts
So haven't been to vacation house I keep Masi in for months and noticed, the Masi charger had a red light on it. I restarted it and stage one flashes a little, then the green light starts blinking. I think battery is shot. How the hell do I get in?! I tried using the manual key in door, but nada....
Car door access 2 buttons inside the door handle, the one more forward is for normal access, it's electronically operated... the button to the rear, inside the door handle, is manually operated, when the battery is dead.

Trunk access Driver's side, backseat, there is a 'pull cable' that lies down between the LH seat/sidewall of the car. (if seating in the rear seat behind the driver, use your left hand to reach down between the seat and the left sidewall of the car, you should find a looped end of wire/cable). Pull to pop open the trunk!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Car door access 2 buttons inside the door handle, the one more forward is for normal access, it's electronically operated... the button to the rear, inside the door handle, is manually operated, when the battery is dead.

Trunk access Driver's side, backseat, there is a 'pull cable' that lies down between the LH seat/sidewall of the car. (if seating in the rear seat behind the driver, use your left hand to reach down between the seat and the left sidewall of the car, you should find a looped end of wire/cable). Pull to pop open the trunk!
Many Thanks!!!!!(y) Not sure what happened, but I checked the charger's fuse and connection, which was all good. I pulled the fuse out and put back in and it's now taking a charge an on stage 2 or 3! I hope the battery is still good, which the charger will tell me, if it stops advancing stages.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it a charger or a proper tender?

C
It's the proper Masi charger, that came w/ the car. It's the C-tek unit, that has the Masi colors and emblem on it. It's only advancing to stage 4, they charger goes into a defunct mode w/ a red light. I drove the car about 15 miles yesterday, and after shut down, I was able to fire her up, although it was a labored start. Then dead again, cause charger failing and it's below freezing out here! I'm going to test the charger on a different car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Absolutely ! But you’re in other parts of the world , where Interstate batteries not available, no idea what else is next best on the list .
I looked on Amazon and no dice, so what battery everybody using state side?!
Also, does it sound like a charger issue? I don't understand why the battery is dead, since it's been on the charger for past 5 mo or so. However, as I mentioned above, when I got here the red light was on...
Finally, Dam key stuck in ignition now, where's that dam release button again?!:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
1) wiggle the steering wheel left and right as much as it’ll go, while simultaneously trying to ( gently ) remove the key
2) if that still won’t work , I believe there is a small hole somewhere just below the key slot on the steering wheel column, where you can use a small screw driver to push in a bit , which should release the key.

Possibly the battery is dead as a door nail, or has a bad cell , in which case no matter how long the charger is on it, it might get you enough juice for a crank and a start, but it won’t hold the charge for more than a day , nor will the alternator be able to charge it sufficiently while driving the car . IMO, your best bet is to get a new battery .

·
Registered
473 Posts
I looked on Amazon and no dice, so what battery everybody using state side?!
Also, does it sound like a charger issue? I don't understand why the battery is dead, since it's been on the charger for past 5 mo or so. However, as I mentioned above, when I got here the red light was onthiertheir website ...
Finally, Dam key stuck in ignition now, where's that dam release button again?!:mad:
Interstate is a US brand. Go to their website and enter your zip code. They're available in every state.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I find it pretty pathetic though! I have only 3k on the clock, it's a 2017 and has always been on trickle when not driven. This was the first rare time, it was months on end w/ no usage, but that shouldn't be an issue / again on trickle.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I find it pretty pathetic though! I have only 3k on the clock, it's a 2017 and has always been on trickle when not driven. This was the first rare time, it was months on end w/ no usage, but that shouldn't be an issue / again on trickle.
That sucks, and yeah most batteries less than four or five years old simply shouldn’t just die like that, particularly while being trickle charged continuously, no matter how many months the car sits. Unusual, but not impossible - once in a great while even brand new batteries come off the line with a bad cell or so and fail prematurely .
By the way, have you managed to remove the key ? If so, how ?
Last, as far as Interstate batteries site is concerned, even if they don’t specifically show Maserati in their data base, they do make the same size and capacity as the OE battery . Let me check to see if I have any more specific info revthe group / size on my Interstate battery receipt, and will post the info, but what timado posted - 49 / H 8 ( Megatron -MPT ) - might be the only info needed. I believe some interstate locations will also deliver the batteries to your home , for an extra charge ( ha, no pun intended ..charge 😝) .

Hmm, that’s weird - mine shows it to be a group 48 . Maybe there are small differences in the fit between cabrio and coupes ?? WAIT, I TAKE THAT BACK, IT IS 49 / H 8
On the credit card receipt there was a 48 number, which threw me off, but I just looked at the large receipt attached to the small card print out to confirm the size of the battery .

3,306 Posts
Not using a car battery will kill them...trickle charger or not...It has been proven on this forum over and over...Cars that sit go through batteries..Battery is a H-8...All M145 cars take the same battery....Jason

·
Registered
721 Posts
You'd be surprised if you knew how many car batteries, handed over some auto parts store countertop, were already on the last leg! (n)

3,306 Posts
All those batteries from Walmart, Pep Boys etc... are just junk...Countless times a year I pull those things out of vehicles and they are less than 12 months old etc...People are always like "It is brand new" when we tell them it is bad..We usually install an Interstate and they lost their receipt for the POS battery..Happens at least once a month...So if you get stuck buying on of these on a weekend or something then save your receipt....Jason

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sucks, and yeah most batteries less than four or five years old simply shouldn’t just die like that, particularly while being trickle charged continuously, no matter how many months the car sits. Unusual, but not impossible - once in a great while even brand new batteries come off the line with a bad cell or so and fail prematurely .
By the way, have you managed to remove the key ? If so, how ?
Last, as far as Interstate batteries site is concerned, even if they don’t specifically show Maserati in their data base, they do make the same size and capacity as the OE battery . Let me check to see if I have any more specific info revthe group / size on my Interstate battery receipt, and will post the info, but what timado posted - 49 / H 8 ( Megatron -MPT ) - might be the only info needed. I believe some interstate locations will also deliver the batteries to your home , for an extra charge ( ha, no pun intended ..charge 😝) .

Hmm, that’s weird - mine shows it to be a group 48 . Maybe there are small differences in the fit between cabrio and coupes ?? WAIT, I TAKE THAT BACK, IT IS 49 / H 8
On the credit card receipt there was a 48 number, which threw me off, but I just looked at the large receipt attached to the small card print out to confirm the size of the battery .
I jumped her and drove her again, so was able to get out the key on shutdown. What you saying about the battery type?! lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts