Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like, so last night I'm in like, in the valley, ya know? Going down some side street off Ventura when I pass a silver Accord going the other way and hear a THUNK. I look in my mirror and they're not stopping...my first thought was that our mirrors touched so I opened the window and felt it--no scratches. Next stop sign I get out and check...the entire freaking side of my car is covered in eggs! I turned around and gave chase but it was too late. I was right near Sepulveda and two entrances to the 405 so there was no way to tell which way they went. I was ready to kill someone.

Fucking kids, if I'd caught them they'd be in jail right now! This picture is taken after the detail shop spent a good hour trying to buff it out. I'm going to have to get my whole door resprayed. Anyone here have any experience with this or know any magic solutions to get it out?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry to hear that. I had this happen to my benz few months ago. Luckily I was able to find a carwash right away and had it cleaned off within minutes. It did end up chipping the paint though. I was later told by the dealer that if the egg soaks in (especially after sitting in the sun), there is no way to get it out of the paint.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
A major intersection nearby might well have a full-time security camera that you don't know about (but the LAPD does!). Couldn't hurt to file a complaint and see if they can get the license tag from the Honda. It would sure be nice to catch those bee-ches. The key piece of info you'll need to remember is the time that they wacked you. They can then go to the digital footage and see who came through the intersection that matched the vehicle description...

·
Registered
111 Posts
squid said:
Like, so last night I'm in like, in the valley, ya know? Going down some side street off Ventura when I pass a silver Accord going the other way and hear a THUNK. I look in my mirror and they're not stopping...my first thought was that our mirrors touched so I opened the window and felt it--no scratches. Next stop sign I get out and check...the entire freaking side of my car is covered in eggs! I turned around and gave chase but it was too late. I was right near Sepulveda and two entrances to the 405 so there was no way to tell which way they went. I was ready to kill someone.

Fucking kids, if I'd caught them they'd be in jail right now! This picture is taken after the detail shop spent a good hour trying to buff it out. I'm going to have to get my whole door resprayed. Anyone here have any experience with this or know any magic solutions to get it out?
That Sucks! I would recommend calling Dave Freed at Premier Motorsport. 310 559-1562. They specialize in our vehicles and he is doing a total re-paint on my car in January. Good Luck...

·
Registered
681 Posts
vungul said:
That Sucks! I would recommend calling Dave Freed at Premier Motorsport. 310 559-1562. They specialize in our vehicles and he is doing a total re-paint on my car in January. Good Luck...
Heard nothing but great things about Premier, I believe they're also an authorized Ferrari/Maserati bodywork center.

Sorry to hear about your mis-hap, I'm sure karma will bite them in the ass sooner or later!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I filed a police report...figured I had to if I ended up using insurance (doubtful). Besides I had to do SOMETHING, I was just seething with anger. No cameras, I was on a side street, but at least if anyone else comes forward they might have a case.

I've been going to Royalty Autobody in Santa Monica for years now and they've done nothing but superb work.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. There is really nothing you can do.

Let me tell you that I have experience in chasing down kids who were throwing things and kids Ive seen tagging. If you chase a group of kids you run the risk of them pulling over and throwing more eggs or other hard things at your car. Also, they may run up to your car, spin around and kick a dent on your side panel.

It's not worth it. Too bad you couldnt have washed it off quicker.

on another note, I never exit the freeways in the san fernando valley. There is a lack of respect out there with a large % of the population and the place is filthy once you get off ventura blvd. but, unfortunately its not limited to san fernando valley.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
The only other helpful response is being quick on the trigger...with your mobile phone camera...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts