Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone integrated an IPOD into the 4200 ICE system?

I'm not looking for an all singing and dancing "control the IPOD from your CD changer" interface, just a hardwired connection so I can bin the I Trip which is a bit poor to put it mildly!

(IE. you still control what track is played on the IPOD itself!)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Having, "Hard wired," the Ipod into the wiring harness originally, I highly recommend the Dension interface in lieu of doing that. The hard-wire approach is very complicated, requires an exact pin in/out diagram, and a good degree of dexterity. Having said that, I did it with good results. However, I like the Dension interface much better. In addition, the fidelity is much improved. For details on either approach, peruse the, "Stereo Upgrade," thread. Good Luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dension ICE Link

I agree, the Dension ICE Link option is by far the best way. Search fo the other threads on this subject. Some time back I posted pretty detailed instructions on how to install the ICE Link into a 4200.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I recently received an email from Dension saying that they are in final testing for a Maserati icelink interface. I have the icelink with beta 2.11 software that sort of works so I'm looking forward to a fully functional interface.

I must say that it is nice to be able to leave the iPod under the center console armrest and change programs and tracks from the stereo controls. Also it powers and charges the iPod. I'd recommend it. It's only about $230 and takes 5 minutes to install.

Marc

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not a bad deal at all!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Looks pretty good. I have the Dension IceLink and am pretty happy with it, also got the email about the new firmware. They seem pretty nice at Dension, this was much more support than I expected!!!

Glad my car didn't have the CD changer, more trunk/boot space!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Greetings all,
I'm the one selling the Maserati Mod on ebay.

This item (Blaupunkt iPod Interface) you found on the crutchfield website won't work. I sell these on ebay, and I sold one to a Maserati owner in Australia, and he tried it with no success. I think there are some older threads talking about these various Blaupunkt aftermarket products that don't work.

Funny thing is, this item does work on Alfa Romeos which also have an OEM Blaupunkt headunit. So annoying; doesn't work on the more expensive car.

Here is the ebay listing for my item:
MASERATI Blaupunkt iPod/iPhone/iTouch Adapter kit Mod | eBay

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

You can contact me through my e-mail, [email protected], ebay "eboltron", or this site, DeloreanPilot.

Sincerely, Eugene
2005 Lotus Elise
1981 Delorean
2003 Harley-Davidson Super Glide Sport
(but selling them all soon . . . :ashamed:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
DeloreanPilot
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing