Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted to have the trident badges on the sides of my GranSport, like in the Coupe, so I've ordered them via the dealer.

Will post pics when I put them up. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
can't wait to see the pics, I've been thinking the same thing.. I can't decide though.. quite like the badgeless look too :-/

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
;)
Beat me to it. ;-)

BTW, I added the badges to my 2003 Coupe CC. I like the look against the Nero Carbonio...

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I was buying mine I asked the sales guy what it would cost to do the badges, and he said they'd just do it, so I had them do it. Non-standard for the car, but a very nice touch. If I wasn't on another continent from my car at the moment I'd take some pics.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is there anyplace else to buy the side badges for the Coupe ? Just put the deposit down on a coupe and would like to add them. Also, will need to order the Cambio Corsa emblem on the glove box. It is damaged. Any thoughts ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Is there anyplace else to buy the side badges for the Coupe ? Just put the deposit down on a coupe and would like to add them. Also, will need to order the Cambio Corsa emblem on the glove box. It is damaged. Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Ramp... Make them do it for you. Its a hard time to sell exotics... make them work for it :]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ramp... Make them do it for you. Its a hard time to sell exotics... make them work for it :]
I'm buying from an independent that I know - bought my 911 from - and have been building a relationship with - so its not a 'in your face, one time thing'. I've negotiated other items from him, e.g, full alignment, and we have a another "item" we're working on so I've gotten him as low as he'll go "for the moment" - If I wait and the car doesn't sell for a few months, I know he would drop down some more, but I would rather be driving the car for those few months as Spring is approaching.

I would rather take care of a few small things myself and keep him to the bigger items

·
Registered
279 Posts
would love to see the effect!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
On a somewhat related topic, I am in the process of working with a company that is going to produce an aluminum passenger footrest to match my aluminum brake pedal. In the center of the foot rest, we are going to rout out a custom pocket to emplace a badge of my choice....I am still trying to decide. I was thinking of the Trident but, it's too large and would look bling in the footwell. I am now thinking of the Maserati nameplate that is below the radio unit or, the GranSport badge that is located on the front fender. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Vincenzo: Sounds like a great item for a group buy - if the price is reasonable, I'd buy one - any details (like source and $?)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Vincenzo: Sounds like a great item for a group buy - if the price is reasonable, I'd buy one - any details (like source and $?)
Capt'n...the company is Ultimate Pedals and the additional cost to create a pocket for a custom badge of your choice is about $35. You'll have to send them the badge first as they make a digital pattern out of it. The quality of the work looks great and is reasonably priced. See links below to the passenger and driver footrests. The passenger side has a Trident etched-in but, I'm not a fan of the look.

Passenger:
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_106&products_id=2593

Driver (non-flanged):
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_106&products_id=2590

Driver (flanged):
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_106&products_id=2589

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Vicenzo, thanks for the link. Pedals look great. Looking into ordering now (no badging).

·
Registered
112 Posts
As there have been no photos, nipped out to the garage and took a dreadful picture using my daughters camera, well thats my excuse:), to show what they look like.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice, I ordered mine from Eurospares - less than 1/2 the price of the dealer with shipping and took 10 minutes on-line rather than a 30 minute drive.

Anyone know how to properly place them - I'm guessing its just a rough measurement from the edges and then a good eye.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I looked for pictures and then guessed where they should be. Did the pillar beside the petrol flap first to give me a reference point, if that is any help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts