Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 04 coupe with 14K miles on it 5 months out of warranty and the gearbox needs to be replaced, It developed a whine, only $13K to repair, I am a little disturbed, anybody have any thoughts on this, I am now afraid of what else may go bad and cost another 10K. I also feel Maserati should at least pay for a new gearbox. I know somw improvements were made to these at some point, anybody have the links to this information, Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would get a second opinion from an independent mechanic.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hello, I have a 04 coupe with 14K miles on it 5 months out of warranty and the gearbox needs to be replaced, It developed a whine, only $13K to repair, I am a little disturbed, anybody have any thoughts on this, I am now afraid of what else may go bad and cost another 10K. I also feel Maserati should at least pay for a new gearbox. I know somw improvements were made to these at some point, anybody have the links to this information, Thanks
Sounds like it wasn't good from the factory or abused in some manner. I can't remember the service interval on the tranny, either 12k or 18k miles but this is definately not the norm. I have 55k on my car, 2002, and the tranny is just fine.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would think that you could get a used tranny for allot less, and just swap it out rather than repair the existing one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Apologies for hijacking the thread for a bit.

What does the 18K tranny include?? Just the oil change or addtional stuff?

Alltrade good luck with the repair and hopefully the dealer will absorb some of the cost.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Apologies for hijacking the thread for a bit.

What does the 18K tranny include?? Just the oil change or addtional stuff?

Alltrade good luck with the repair and hopefully the dealer will absorb some of the cost.
The tranny part is just the flush and new oil along with cleaning the screen filter...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.