Maserati Forum banner

Back to the forum..!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Troesma 
#1 · (Edited)
Folks,

Finally back from the joys and quirks of paternity leave (latter are wifey-sponsored...) The GS is still with the dealer, but seems things have been sorted.

Original thread here

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2849

In the end, as some of you guys have suggested, the ECU had a brain fart (Buzz dixit) and needed some deep reprogramming. To the point where dealer had to wait for new ECU software to be sent from factory. Whether this soft is a production version or something specific I dunno... the dealer mentioned no-one in the UK had it, as they told me it was an optimised version of some sort which loaded new engine parameters to the ECU, to the point their SD3 had also to be reprogrammed to read them.

The ECU was re-flashed with it and tested exhaustively, and now things seem to have been resolved. Sigh.

Hope to pick-up the car later on the week; will feedback over the week-end as to the ride (if it has become perceptibly better or not). Will speak with the head mechanic so that I can understand what's so specific about this ECU software version. Maybe Mark @ MoM has some information..?

Ah, by the way, here is the new addition to the family... Agustina Victoria

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/edsalazar/DSC00125.jpg

born on Sep 3. Hope she becomes a petrolhead as her eldest sister (...only 3 1/2 years old).

Later

Ed

See less See more
Discussion starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for all the greetings and good wishes on the new arrival to the family. Really appreciated.

As for any candidates for the girls, there are two issues to deal with : me and my shotgun :D

Mark : will give feedback as soon as I speak to the head technician. Dunno what they have done in detail (and maybe they had to send the whole thing to factory...) The fact that they had to update their SD3 points towards a new ECU software (they were explicit in saying "Maserati wants to use a new software version to load, adjust and check additional engine parameters"). Whatever they needed took over a week to arrive and some days to load in the SD3 system and/or ECU.

I will ask the guy who did the job to contact you; maybe he has some ideas on your issues with the SD3.

Waiting for new PZero Rosso tyres to arrive (have been ordered to Italy) and on Tue/Wed next week the car should be back home.

Hope this story ends soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.