Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me start by saying how much I love this forum and all the members. I am a daily visitor to the forum for the last two years and enjoy the conversations/insight on our glorious automobiles. That said I had a bit of a detour to the dark side, after my lease ran out on my 2002 coupe I leased a new Cayman S. The Cayman is a great car handles like nothing I had ever driven, ok sound (not great at all) but that’s my opinion the automotive press seems to love it. But I was never thrilled, excited, or passionate about the experience with the car. I remember the feeling driving off the lot as being so/so, not the thrill I had taking the coupe home. Well after 5mo I could not take it any more and picked up a 2005 GS and dropped off the Cayman (+ 4K) returned to the world of passion. So many members of this forum have commented on the difference between a fast car and a great experience, this is the core of what a Maserati is PASSION. The heart racing feeling as you pass by the garage (I turn the light when I get home just for the feeling it gives me) the craftsmanship and the incredible sound of the motor/exhaust. All I can say is it’s good to be back… real good.

Paul

·
Registered
134 Posts
leasing?

Hi calcoupe,
are you in socal by any chance? if you are just wanted to know where you leased your GS coupe?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
futmgownr

I own this one :)

P

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi Paul

I think you and I actually spoke on the phone last year, Are you in the Bay Area?

if so, I beleive we spoke of the poor roads and the "hoppy"
stock suspension. You may want to look at the Formula Dymanics Springs which have eliminated most of the ride issues we spoke about.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey Paul, WELCOME BACK!!!! I'm one of the truly passionate ones. I looked REAL HARD at the Cayman but just couldn't get past these posts. I'm so glad I own my Coupe CC! I also love these goof balls :)

Buzz

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Demoe,

Yes we had a good talk last year, I was in the “what to do without a warranty club”. So I leased a Cayman S thinking it would get me by. But while I was vacation I stopped off at Maserati of SF and took a spin in Red GS they had on the lot. Well after that it was all over, two weeks later: one for the girl to bless the new car, one to tell my self it was worth throwing away the money on the Cayman I picked up this car. I am still in SF

But let me say that the Guys and SFFM treated my so well it would be hard to buy a car from any one else. Also they changed the wheels to the stock GS rims

Demoe,

Yes we had a good talk last year, I was in the “what to do without a warranty club”. So I leased a Cayman S thinking it would get me by. But while I was vacation I stopped off at Maserati of SF and took a spin in Red GS they had on the lot. Well after that it was all over, two weeks later: one for the girl to bless the new car, one to tell my self it was worth throwing away the money on the Cayman I picked up this car. I am still in SF

But let me say that the Guys and SFFM treated my so well it would be hard to buy a car from any one else. Also they changed the wheels to the stock GS rims

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can tell I don't post much :)

BeeYouZeeZee thanks for the welcome

Paul

·
Registered
517 Posts
What you are describing is something that was best put into words by Denise McCluggage (For those that don't know she raced Maseratis & Ferraris in the 50's & 60's and was a writer for the Competition Press which evolved into Autoweek.)

Denise said: "I've always admired my German cars, But I've always Loved my Italian Cars!"

Joe
Ghibli SS # 2110
Mistral # 1216
Khamsin # 1226
Bora # 1046

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome back!

I would say with everything else in life, indulge yourself when you can... life's too short.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts