Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the responses to my previous post.

I will definitely request to take the car overnight.
By the way, get this...
I purchased 2 911 turbo's in the past 12 months.
My first was a 997 turbo cab, special ordered and optioned out at 165k.
No special treatment from the dealer, never even met the owner. Just another deal amongst all the less expensive Audi's and less expensive Porsches.
Paid the money, drove the car off the lot, no phone call to see if all was good.
Not a special feeling about the transaction.
Second purchase last week (traded in my cab for a coupe), still the same. No hand shake with the manager, still never a meeting with the owner, and no follow up phone call. Nothing special.

My visit with the Bentley, Maserati, Lambo dealership here in Saint Louis!!
From the moment I walked in the door, a representative greeted me with a hand shake, showed me around their spectacular show room of Bentley's and Lambo's and Maserati's. Then she introduces me to a sharply dressed manager who hands me his card. Then I get follow up phone calls from the manager letting me know that he can get me any Maserati I wanted. Just let him know the info. Then, I get a phone call from one of the owners reassuring me that he will do what it takes to get my business! He invites me to meet with him to discuss the exact car I want.

Ok, imagine this, I am a customer purchasing definitely one of the cheaper cars in his collection (he has at least 8 Lambo's in the show room, many Ferrari's , a ton of Bentley's and even a Bugati!!!). But I still get the white glove treatment!!! We have a sit down to talk about all my options (me, the wife, the Manager, the Agent and the Owner). And this car costs less than both of my Porsches.

It was like the Holiday Inn vs the Ritz Carlton!!!

I was treated so well, that I just wanted to buy something... anything!!!! from these guys. I guess I am at this point after being treated so shitty by Porsche.

You have to understand that buying a Porsche is like begging for the car. My first Carrera S 2006. I called a number of dealers requesting a call back looking for a particular color. At least 8 dealers in my area. Not ONE return call!!!! Not one!!!!

Great Car but what a freakin disappointment. The car sells itself, definitely not the dealerships.

I figure that even if I have a few problems with my new Granturismo, they promised to pick the car up from my home!!!

Damn what great service.... Finally... paying over 100k for a car and getting the service I expect. I am not sure if this is the case with other Maserati dealerships in the country.

I will post pics when I get the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You would think in this economy there would be more dealers like that. The only other time I got service like that was from Schepel Hummer in Indiana. I'd bring a truck in for service(that was not purchased from them), they'd give a nice loaner, and my truck would come back freshly washed and vac'd. They are an awsome dealer. And you're right! It does make you want to buy something from them! It never hurts to tell them you had a unique experience with them and you appreciate that.

Jer

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Customer Service is King. Sounds like your dealer understands that not just anybody can plunk down 100+ grand on something other than a house and if you ever want their business again, you need to treat them with class and respect. Thanks for passing along & hopefully others here in your area can take advantage of dealer in St. Louis.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have visited my local Aston Martin/Jaguar/Maserati dealership several times in the past few weeks, seriously looking to buy a DB9 (new or used), maybe the Vantage (but I don't like the gearbox) and more recently the Granturisimo (which I love) Since August, 2005 I have purchased from this dealer a new 2005 DB9 Coupe, a new 2006 DB9 Volante and a 2007 new Jaguar XK convertible. So I would not classify myself as a tire kicker, but a pretty good customer. Notwithstanding that when I was there 3 days ago trying to finalize the purchase of the Maserati, the "sales manager/finance guy" did not once come over to greet me and see if he could do anything to close a deal! And I was there about 3 hours! But this is the dealership that still thinks the DOW is at 14,000!

Needless to say I walked out!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
life, what's the name of the Lambo/Bentley dealer?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
life, what's the name of the Lambo/Bentley dealer?
http://www.bentleystlouis.com/

Bentley of Saint Louis.
Really a first class experience.
The owner actually stayed late along with the general manager and the sales person.
Again, I was buying the economy car in their fleet of cars.

I am about 99% sure that I will be buying either a Nero Carbonio/Bordeau or a Grigio Alfieri/Bordeau.

I prefer the Grigio Alfieri but the one they are looking at shipping in is ALL Bordeau interior. I am not sure how the Bordeau dash will go with the Grigio Alfieri when looking at the car from the front. So far all of the Bordeau interiors that I have seen have a black dash.

I am not sure how much the skyhook suspension will do for the car. I actually would prefer a smoother more comfortable suspension. Any idea what this option actually does to the everyday ride?

thanks again..

·
Registered
107 Posts
bordeaux interior with dash is a bit much in my opinion. also, if you like the smoother ride, you really should find one with skyhook. i think adam in chicago got his with skyhook and he loves it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have visited my local Aston Martin/Jaguar/Maserati dealership several times in the past few weeks, seriously looking to buy a DB9 (new or used), maybe the Vantage (but I don't like the gearbox) and more recently the Granturisimo (which I love) Since August, 2005 I have purchased from this dealer a new 2005 DB9 Coupe, a new 2006 DB9 Volante and a 2007 new Jaguar XK convertible. So I would not classify myself as a tire kicker, but a pretty good customer. Notwithstanding that when I was there 3 days ago trying to finalize the purchase of the Maserati, the "sales manager/finance guy" did not once come over to greet me and see if he could do anything to close a deal! And I was there about 3 hours! But this is the dealership that still thinks the DOW is at 14,000!

Needless to say I walked out!
I can never understand stuff like this. After all, how many luxury cars per day do they sell? If the owner / sales manager spent 15 minutes making each client feel like they were special then I am sure it would not amount to a significant amount of time yet would probably add a few extra sales per month.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought one there too........

I also purchased my (then 2 year old) 2003 Maserati Coupe CC from Bentley/Maserati of St. Louis. While my satisfaction level with them was just as high as the above Porsche owner, my deal was done thru the Internet and telephone calls; never saw the car in person until the covered carrier from the dealership dropped it off to my front door. As soon as I heard the car fire up with that Tubi exhaust, I knew I had made the right decision! Getting back to the positive-business end of it, I had NUMEROUS telephone calls before and AFTER the sale from all the way up to the General Manager. I actually wrote the owner a letter later telling him of my VERY pleasant experience with his Sales and Finance staff.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I actually wrote the owner a letter later telling him of my VERY pleasant experience with his Sales and Finance staff.
Great job! It's very important that they know customers are appreciating their efforts. Positive feedback is as important as the negative ones.:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
http://www.bentleystlouis.com/

Bentley of Saint Louis.
Really a first class experience.
The owner actually stayed late along with the general manager and the sales person.
Again, I was buying the economy car in their fleet of cars.

I am about 99% sure that I will be buying either a Nero Carbonio/Bordeau or a Grigio Alfieri/Bordeau.

I prefer the Grigio Alfieri but the one they are looking at shipping in is ALL Bordeau interior. I am not sure how the Bordeau dash will go with the Grigio Alfieri when looking at the car from the front. So far all of the Bordeau interiors that I have seen have a black dash.

I am not sure how much the skyhook suspension will do for the car. I actually would prefer a smoother more comfortable suspension. Any idea what this option actually does to the everyday ride?

thanks again..
I just looked at that color combination on the Maserati car configurator. Gives you many different views to look at, including the front.
Looks good to me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Similar experience to Life from my local dealer, Ferrari-Maserati of Seattle. Owner chats on state of car and dealership experience on every visit regardless of purpose, superb attention to detail on any work done on cars and very prompt service. Fairly priced as well. Known them for nearly 10 years now but been the same from Day 1.

The local BMW dealer (BMW of Bellevue) on the other hand is a completely different story....... I would not buy again from them and its soured our ownership experience enough to not want to look at the brand for its replacement.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently went to Ferrari of Tampa Bay just to get the oil changed in my 02 CC and by the way I was treated through my short stay you would of thought I pulled up in a new 599! I can't tell you how many times someone asked if needed something or how the service manager kept me updated on my cars progress. Never pushy or arrogant. Best dealership experience so far, they definately earned my business from now on. btw they had an mc12 and a 1962 maserati in the showroom!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I've really found that there is a huge difference in Exotic Dealer Service and Sales. In a market like this I would really support the dealers who support us. Customer Service is so important for owners of vehicles in this range. Glad to hear that you found a good dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts