Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in my order for a Blu Oceano Granturismo with red callipers, avorio seats, blu navy dash/steeringwheel/carpets, white trim. I'm going for a modern sporty look. However, ivory leather gets dirty really fast. Having owned a car with a beige interior, I know that once or twice a year, I need to get professional cleaning done to my seats. But ivory is a notch above beige in the grime-sticking department.

Completely bad idea?? Or does the aesthetic impact outweigh the potential headaches? Alternative would be to get the Beige seats with black dash/steeringwheel/carpet with wood trim (which seems to be the default interior set for blu oceano GTs).

Please give me your opinion. Any owners with avorio leather would be the best judge I'm assuming...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I almost bought a Coupe with ivory white interiors (dealer sold it to someone else and I ended with the GS) and I think it looks fantastic. I haven't figured out what colours to get the GT S I have on pre-order yet, but the Nettuno Blue/Ivory white combo is pretty high up on the list.

If I may ask, how different did you find the Oceano Blue vs Nettuno Blue?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I personally think the Avorio interior is one of the best looking (well I would wouldn't i!) but I am also impressed at how well it stands up to every day use. I have two small children (8 & 5) who I take to school 3 days a week and whilst the seats do get marked the marks always come off with ease. I haven't had to clean the interior for a while and it is probably over due for a bit of TLC but this is not a major job (45 mins or thereabouts) and gets done maybe twice a year. The overall effect to my eye is much nicer than the beige. Don't be afraid, you will enjoy it when it arrives!

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i have avorio in my QP. it is an excellent color. it is not as bad as most people think. some clothes rub off and can stain slightly - eg. jeans. but can be removed.

and honestly, beige is not too much better if that is your concern.

get cuoio or cuoio sella if you are worried... but it has totally different feel...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I too have ivory leather in my 05 QP. Been driving it for three years plus and 76,000 miles. The dirt and grime issue doesn't seem to be a problem; it just cleans up like any other color. Its probably better than darker colors regarding showing scratches. The drivers seat back has darkened a bit from either dyes in shirts or wear, or whatever - but doesn't look bad. I go with the color you want

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw several blue oceano cars (both GT and Quattro) in the showroom, but I didn't get a chance to see the Nettuno. However, based on the paint samples they showed me, both blues are VERY similar - not much of a difference. The Nettuno gives a slightly purple hue, while the oceano is more "sparkly" and more of a royal blue. I was 50/50, but just felt that oceano would look better with the avorio interior and polished rims (which got discontinued, supposedly). I think it's 100% personal preference. you can't go wrong with either one. That being said, in Korea, all blue orders have been Oceano. I personally like Oceano.

To give you a bit of perspective, look at these two links. Obviously, lighting and different cameras are huge factors, but I think it captures the essence of the color difference.

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/data/data_view.php?code=import&No=153356&page=1&select=Subject&content=maserati&r_no=24&search_gubun=&s_pagescale=&search_day=&Answer=2

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/data/data_view.php?code=special&No=79829&page=1&select=Subject&content=granturismo&r_no=36&search_gubun=&s_pagescale=&search_day=&Answer=0

I almost bought a Coupe with ivory white interiors (dealer sold it to someone else and I ended with the GS) and I think it looks fantastic. I haven't figured out what colours to get the GT S I have on pre-order yet, but the Nettuno Blue/Ivory white combo is pretty high up on the list.

If I may ask, how different did you find the Oceano Blue vs Nettuno Blue?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl, M, and KB:
Thanks for your feedback! You've helped confirm that I have 100% made the right choice. The interior's going to look sweet!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I saw several blue oceano cars (both GT and Quattro) in the showroom, but I didn't get a chance to see the Nettuno. However, based on the paint samples they showed me, both blues are VERY similar - not much of a difference. The Nettuno gives a slightly purple hue, while the oceano is more "sparkly" and more of a royal blue. I was 50/50, but just felt that oceano would look better with the avorio interior and polished rims (which got discontinued, supposedly). I think it's 100% personal preference. you can't go wrong with either one. That being said, in Korea, all blue orders have been Oceano. I personally like Oceano.

To give you a bit of perspective, look at these two links. Obviously, lighting and different cameras are huge factors, but I think it captures the essence of the color difference.

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/data/data_view.php?code=import&No=153356&page=1&select=Subject&content=maserati&r_no=24&search_gubun=&s_pagescale=&search_day=&Answer=2

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/data/data_view.php?code=special&No=79829&page=1&select=Subject&content=granturismo&r_no=36&search_gubun=&s_pagescale=&search_day=&Answer=0

Thanks, very nice of you :)
I may very well go for Nettuno actually, I like the the darker shade. And probably with the white interiors. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Which link is which color? I am assuming this link is the oceano:

But then again, you know what assuming does.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love Avorio - would have preferred it in my car to be honest. It will just take some extra looking after - not a problem for me as I always keep my car spotless - just depends how much time you're willing to lavish on her ;).

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
824 Posts
just read through your ordeal. glenn, you need to be complimented on your patience. i would have started flipping tables at the dealership.

i think i'm going to take my chances on avorio and bite the bullet.
Actually, most of my "commentary" (ahem) was directed at MNA, either the district rep or to NJ.

The really good news is that the new cover is great and holding up MUCH better than the original which was clearly not correctly dyed.

The car looks like brand new again. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts