Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati Granturismo
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AVAILABLE JULY 21st!!!! All new AcarNavi 2008-2012 Quattroporte 13.9" Tesla style screen including climate control. Qualcomm Snapdragon, Android 11, 1920 x 1080 HD resolution, available in 4gb ram +64 gb rom / 8gb ram+128gb rom / 8gb ram *256gb rom.

All the information will be on my website tomorrow including pricing and options.

I have a new unit coming for a full demonstration. Video will be coming soon.

This will only fit the 2008-2012 models

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati Granturismo
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2009 Quattroporte Executive GT
258 Posts
Hi Robin, your unit is beautiful. I don't care much for Android head units but yours sure is nice. I'm curious, 2008 is one style radio, 2009-2010 is Bose, 2011-2012 is If I remember correctly Magna Mirelli. All have different pigtails. Do you include adapters or does wiring get spliced? Also, my understanding is that these Android head units somehow communicate on canbus and directly replace oem radio. How does it work where proxi alignment isn't necessary to recognize new head unit?

·
Registered
258 Posts
BTW, anyone considering this, I so strongly recommend the 8gb ram and 256 disk. I'm an IT person, these units are so much better with more memory. Also, you will see that a 256 disk can fill up quickly, for 200 more it's a no brainer. I've had android head units with 4gb ram and I literally tossed them. Just took a 4gb atoto out of my Durango and put in a 6yr old Pioneer that is soooo much better. Atoto went in the garbage lol

·
Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
433 Posts
I like the look but the previous Android (correction, Windows CE)head unit I had purchased, double din for another car, had lots of nice features but none were particularly good and some downright crap. GPs crashed. CD clipped and sound was tinny. This time around, I went for a sliding screen and am happier than I was with the stock unit. Sound is good (but better speakers will help) and NO dead-sound issues as with the stock unit (I still believe it was a faulty signal output from the head to the amps as I still use the stock amp and have not had any issues with "no" sound.) Mind you, I still have to deal with the gaping hole where the old screen sat. Have to work on it. Billydv, how has using the stock antenna with your new stereo worked out? I am still nervous about sticking the stock Fakra antenna into the back of the new head unit as I don't know what that 12v will do.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Beeton,
It's still working absolutely perfect, not only is it perfect but I think comparing it to my benz or dodge it picks up way more channels. That might also have something to do with the head unit. I think there's zero chance of you having a problem if you use exactly the same adapter I used

·
Registered
258 Posts
That was my biggest issue with atoto junk, gps using Google maps or Sygic Navigation would crash all the time. It was so unreliable I preferred trying to use Android auto by plugging in phone but that was hardly any better. No Android head unit will come even close to reliability/ usability of an Alpine or Kenwood. My Alpine is outstanding, for quick trips I use built in gps which also has built in traffic. For longer trips I like plugging in phone and using Google maps, speed trap alerts are very helpful going between ny and florida. I think if my atoto had 8gb ram with a 256 disk it may have been a bit more reliable. That is why I made my previous recommendation

·
Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
433 Posts
Not to hijack someone else's thread, but your Alpine has a din input and you bought a powered Fakra adapter (with the power wire and internal relay?). I may eventually switch to one of these large screen units once I get a better idea of sound quality but for now, I may stick to what I have installed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alpine has a standard American radio antenna input, Motorola. Your radio has the exact same Motorola female cable. The part numbers for the antennas in the back pillars are the same numbers as mine. There is absolutely no reason it would work in mine and not yours. The only difference is that with your oem radio being a Blaupunkt, tuner was built right in so antenna cables are at the radio in front. With my oem Bose, tuner was a separate box from head unit so antenna cables on mine were in trunk

·
Registered
258 Posts
If he says it only works with certain years, more than likely it has something to do with canbus emulator. Remember, this unit is taking over vehicle system settings that were adjustable via radio/nit

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am quite confident that something like this would work in a 2007 (or prior). The ECU in a 2007 is able to generate an ACC-ON signal even though the 2007 OEM head unit uses a ACC wire.

There have been many Chinese made Android units like this over the years. The problem is how "complete" will something like this be compatible with our CANBUS.

If you do a search of AuCar, you will find lots of people complaining about the "System Not Programmed" error message - as a result of removing the OEM headunit.

So the big question is, this this, ACarNavi unit, get rid of that message?

·
Registered
299 Posts
AVAILABLE JULY 21st!!!! All new AcarNavi 2008-2012 Quattroporte 13.9" Tesla style screen including climate control. Qualcomm Snapdragon, Android 11, 1920 x 1080 HD resolution, available in 4gb ram +64 gb rom / 8gb ram+128gb rom / 8gb ram *256gb rom.

All the information will be on my website tomorrow including pricing and options.

I have a new unit coming for a full demonstration. Video will be coming soon.

This will only fit the 2008-2012 models
wow, really cool! Great job! Definitely saves the consternation of stickies too on the radio/climate control area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts