Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have the 2005 Spyder with the Auditorium 200 system with the 6 CD changer. I was having an output problem only on the 6 CD changer mode where the sound was not amplified. Periodically, it would cut in and work normally but it was unpredictable when it would happen. It does not seem to be a loose connection since it may grace me with sound even when the car is sitting still. Usually, when it cuts in, it stays working until I turn off the car. When it is out, I can still hear it at full volume, but only barely. All other modes seemed to have normal amplification. Since I wanted to change to bluetooth, I hijacked that output and cut out the CD changer based on an excellent forum post. Unfortunately, the amplification problem is still there and now I have no amplification on the bluetooth. I am not techy with this stuff but like to learn as I go. Does this sound like the amplifier or one of the other components that is interfering with the output? Does the amplifier have separate outputs for each mode? Or is it something else? Any thoughts? Thanks for contributing to a great learning forum.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you connected your Bluetooth device in the boot via the CD changer cable? If so, try connecting directly to the rear of the NIT thereby eliminating the cable and/or connector.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks for the quick turn around! No, I tied into the harness connections at the rear of the NIT.

·
Registered
154 Posts
No problem, not that it helped :( Strange that it's just CD input affected.
Do you have access to a modern amp that accepts speaker level input? You could connect the NIT via its speaker outputs at the rear of the unit. Bypassing the factory amp. Might help to narrow down the fault.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for staying with this Navcorr. Not without purchasing one. What I am trying to understand is where does the amplified output for the 6 CD changer come from and/or through. I know the CD changer is putting out sound but it is not getting amplified while all other modes (radio etc.) do get amplified. Does the signal start at the NIT, run through the changer then on to the Amp for amplification then to the speakers or something else?

·
Registered
154 Posts
CD outputs signal to NIT, NIT outputs signal to amplifier, amplified sound to speakers.
Which is why its strange its only the CD channel not functioning. With either the changer or the Bluetooth connected. There's a possibility there is a fault with the NIT itself. On that specific channel.

For the coupe the amp can be bypassed easily which would help determine which component is at fault. The NIT reverts to its internal amplifier. Not sure if that would be the case for a Spyder but it might be worth disconnecting the amp from the system.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good thought! I will attempt the bypass and let you know if its possible with the Spyder. On the Spyder, the Amp is placed way back above the rear fender on the drivers side. Not a fun spot to get at in a hurry. Due to the really cold spell, we here in NY are experiencing, coupled with an unheated garage I will go dark for awhile while I wait for more accommodating weather to do thatafter. I will definitely get back to you and the forum after I get to it and let you know what I find. Maybe someone else can benefit from it. Again, thanks for your input. Really useful.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good thought! I will attempt the bypass and let you know if its possible with the Spyder. On the Spyder, the Amp is placed way back above the rear fender on the drivers side. Not a fun spot to get at in a hurry. Due to the really cold spell, we here in NY are experiencing, coupled with an unheated garage I will go dark for awhile while I wait for more accommodating weather to do thatafter. I will definitely get back to you and the forum after I get to it and let you know what I find. Maybe someone else can benefit from it. Again, thanks for your input. Really useful.
I had the ASK amp replaced once long ago, and then it was removed for service at a later date when the service shop reported no problem with the amplifier. It seems unlikely that the amplifier is at fault if the problem is only observed for the CD changer while the CD and the radio operate normally. If you can get to the amplifier connection without removing the amplifier and simply disconnect then NAVCORR's test may work. My system did operate without the ASK amp when it was removed the first time. However the second time it was removed the stereo did not work. There may be some other setting involved to operate the stereo without the amp. As I recall, the audio interface changed subtly without the amp, specifically with respect to the tone and balance controls when the amp was removed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks CoupeCambioChicago. I am Berwyn born and love that City. My initial observation tells me the Amp will have to come out. It is really tight and buried well above the rear tire well. But... as I said, I will get in there and let you all know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts