Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Motorweek test drive of the QP and the announcer talked throughout the whole segment (including the drag strip runs). You could not hear the engine at all. Does anyone have, or know the location of, a clip that has engine sound for the QP?

Sincerely,
DRP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to 'hear' a video

Motorweek TV is not a well organized program and the commentary and presentation are lacking. The QP they tested was a non-sport package maroon car. They admit on the segment to a strong dislike of SMG style transmissions (some enthusiasts they are). So their drag strip runs resulted in a best time of 6 seconds flat 0-60. I believe the real time is 5.2 isn't it? Perhaps they were unable to properly launch the car since they aren't comfortable with the transmission. Either way it was not a great presentation.

I would love to see a video with some sweet engine music.

Regards,
DRP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Published figures I have seen in many reputable magazines show 0-60 at 4.7/4.8 seconds. You've gotta be at least as smart as the car to drive it properly. :shock:

·
Registered
242 Posts
The car has about the same HP as our coupes so figures around 5.2 to 5.4 make sense as it is MUCH heavier. If you don't know how to properly engage the launch control as what likely happened with these guys, you'll lose about .5 secs to 60.
As for the show, they should learn a few things from Top Gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts