Maserati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
201 Posts
I will guess that the time to install it will be 8 hours. Time is spent removing the dashboard panel, the center console and the rear seat.

I have tried to wrap the bezel in carbon wrap. See picture.
I screen comes with the radio, but it is a separate part, and is also available in a 8 and 10 inch version.
I will make a video later so you can see it in action.
Franz,

Checking in to see if you had a chance to create a video of the updated audio system. Looking forward to seeing how the overall system came together!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Android upgrade.

Franz,

Checking in to see if you had a chance to create a video of the updated audio system. Looking forward to seeing how the overall system came together!

Thanks!
No not yet. I have been on holyday the last weeks with the Maserati, so the android system has been well tested. I used it a lot for Spotify and police control app and of course maps. with the internal 4G modem.

But I will try and make the video soon.

·
Registered
2013 Maserati GranTurismo MC
201 Posts
No not yet. I have been on holyday the last weeks with the Maserati, so the android system has been well tested. I used it a lot for Spotify and police control app and of course maps. with the internal 4G modem.

But I will try and make the video soon.
Awesome, looking forward to it.

And what's this new nugget about an internal 4G modem????

·
Registered
458 Posts
Franz, I'm interested in your system as well. Are you a member of the Gran tursismo FB page? I think a lot of guys there would be ALL about your system.

When do you expect hot to be done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
After posting my last tread with a price for the upgrade, I have not gotten any feedback back. I would be glad if someone could give the comment this. Are there anybody that is interested in a system like this.
Hi Franz..i'd be VERY interested if this thing works for my 2009 Maserati QP (4.7) S.... let me know! I'm fairly mechanically inclined and do most of the maintenance myself, if there are instructions, I would attempt to tackle this. The local car stereo shop in san jose quoted me 40-55 hours of labor!!!! or $8,500 installed :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Franz..i'd be VERY interested if this thing works for my 2009 Maserati QP (4.7) S.... let me know! I'm fairly mechanically inclined and do most of the maintenance myself, if there are instructions, I would attempt to tackle this. The local car stereo shop in san jose quoted me 40-55 hours of labor!!!! or $8,500 installed :(
woaww ! for half this price i ll come from France and do this install for you in just 1 day

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
What state/city do you live in? Who did the installation? and how much? thanks!!!
Just watch my videos on Installation, it is not difficult if your mechanically inclined. The way this car is put together it is designed to come apart very easily. Installation for the Average person using my videos are 4-5 hours. Proffesionals are 2-3 hours max.

YouTube channel= Caymanspyder

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did a 12.1 inch install in my 09 Quattroporte with the Bose and got everything to work, steering wheel controls etc also a 12” kicker sub. Everything works like a charm. Finding the can-bus wires was a bitch but got it. I have w extra bezel I’ll sell and will fit a iPad

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any news on this new system?
I can figure out your wiring without having to keep factory head unit installed. I had the Bose system in mine so for now I can tell you all wiring for the Bose but the regular systems I can get you the wire harness with can-bus wires already done

·
Super Moderator
4,578 Posts
I just did a 12.1 inch install in my 09 Quattroporte with the Bose and got everything to work, steering wheel controls etc also a 12” kicker sub. Everything works like a charm. Finding the can-bus wires was a bitch but got it. I have w extra bezel I’ll sell and will fit a iPad
My word!

C

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can figure out your wiring without having to keep factory head unit installed. I had the Bose system in mine so for now I can tell you all wiring for the Bose but the regular systems I can get you the wire harness with can-bus wires already done
I would buy the hell outta that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here’s a updated photo of trunk with 1 JL Audio 900/5 amp controlling all mids/highs and 12” JL sub. Like I said I have another bezel that will fit a ipad 3 I’m just getting all connections together but you must install another amplifier for it to work. I’ll take $150 for the bezel shipped in the US.
call me for more info 361-696-9090

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Here’s a updated photo of trunk with 1 JL Audio 900/5 amp controlling all mids/highs and 12” JL sub. Like I said I have another bezel that will fit a ipad 3 I’m just getting all connections together but you must install another amplifier for it to work. I’ll take $150 for the bezel shipped in the US.
call me for more info 361-696-9090
if you made a double DIN kit for the GranTurismo, you would sell a whole lot of them...

61 - 80 of 82 Posts