Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

my first post here looking for major assistance.

I have an 06 QP, looking to install a bluetooth and ipod interface into the car..

there seems to be a lot of posts on this ... all confusing to me..

what model / make of equipment works,, what harness do we need to purchase???

your detailed help is greatly appreciated..

Casey

·
Registered
835 Posts
Parrot bluetooth kits ($170...)

I thought there is an AUX input on the radio.

A fully integrated one will cost somewhere in the neighborhood 5G. The alpine vehiclehub + some converters.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QP and iPod/Bluetooth

According to some other posts on the M-life, the QP has a blaupunkt changer. I sell a lot of Blaupunkt stuff, and I'm working on a mod that might work for you to connect the iPod. Do you have a CD-disc changer installed? Let me know if you are interested.

As far as the Bluetooth goes, it connects in the same spot as the iPod adapter, So, you might have to choose which one is more important to you.

And it has a 2nd connector in another spot.

There's no way for me to know if this will work without seeing a picture of the back of the receiver. Any takes on removing the receiver and taking some pictures? And even if it has all the right connectors no the receiver, it still may not work.

Lastly, if the bluetooth and iPod work individually, I could work a modification that does both the iPod and the Bluetooth, but now we are getting very complicated. The Blaupunkt BT is $200 (I sell for $150). But with the adapters and splicing, it will definitely be over $250 total.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot
[email protected]
2005 Lotus Elise
1981 Delorean

·
Registered
835 Posts
...the iPod adapter, So, you might have to choose which one is more important to you...
need to see proofs that it works first. so far many members on this board have tried the blaupunkt adpter and it just doesn't work. show us your mod.

·
Registered
793 Posts
All the newer cars use the MOST interface. It's a digital optical device medium that transfers all info in a digital format (radio, nav, CD, etc) over an optical cable throughout the vehicle as does the audio from your DVD player.

Interfacing is near impossible w/o an analog input which most digital products no longer offer.

I have been working on one but it's a ways off unfortunately.

It can cost a bundle now to have an interface done.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Delorean
I am one of the regional importers for Blaupunkt in the US...I have had great difficlut getting answers on voltages and specifications for the five disc used in the maserati but I have managed to scrounge up the pdf of the blau owners manual for the IDC-A03 five disc in the maser coupes it has pinouts and other general information...if you need it get at me

·
Registered
71 Posts
need to see proofs that it works first. so far many members on this board have tried the blaupunkt adpter and it just doesn't work. show us your mod.
I can't give you proof until someone on this forum tries my mod. I may have to send the person 2 different versions of the mod, and see if one of them works.

FYI, I don't own a Maserati. I was turned on to this website by a Maserati owner in Australia who I sold a Blaupunkt iPod Interface to (that didn't work . . . just like everyone else who's tried it). I suggested this mod to him, but he didn't have a CD changer and he decided to give up. He thought my modification idea would be well received by other Maserati owners on this website. And it would be easier to try different mods if I'm only shipping to U.S./Canada, instead of 1/2 way around the world.

I'm thinking the price will be about $100. That's less than the $5000 mentioned above. E-mail me if anyone is interested. Then if it works, you can sing my praises. If it doesn't work, I'll give you a refund. Frankie P. got something similar to work with 1/8" audio jack. I think I can do the same, but it will be with all Blaupunkt parts, and charge the iPod as well.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot
[email protected]

·
Registered
518 Posts
While we are on the subject of blaupunkt stuff I had another possible thought
I recently purchased the sub harness for the harmony sound system as it tapped me into all of the necessary cables to hookup amplifiers without having to hack the main harness of the car secondary to this is that the new blaupunkt amplifiers have aux inputs on them...which if connected to an ipod would be a very easy way to get the signal into the chain.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mod Ready

I've finished my Blaupunt iPod modification for Maserati.

It is made of Blaupunkt parts. It comes in two different versions.
1. Will charge the iPod directly from the receiver. Also has an iPod Video output cable.
2. Will only charge the iPod if you hook the red and black wires to the car's positive and negative.

I will send you both version, in case one works and the other doesn't.

The cost is $100, plus shipping. Shipping is $5 North America and $10 everywhere else. If it doesn't work, I'll give you a full refund. All you have to do is ship the stuff back to me.

What you need:
1. A working CD changer that hooks up to the receiver with the Blaupunkt BLUE connector.
2. A CD that you can put indefinitely into the changer.
3. Answer a question. Does the wire bundle between your CD Changer and Receiver have any individual wires (i.e positive and ground) peeling off out of the wire bundle? This may affect the iPod charging.

E-mail me if interested.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot
[email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
QP audio upgrades

I have a 2006 QP ExecGT and have successfully upgraded the audio system, including adding an iPod adapter and Bluetooth. Somewhere on this forum is a more detailed post about my setup including pictures, feel free to email me if you want details. We used an Alpine hub into the TV input for the iPod adapter and Parrot Bluetooth.

The main thing about the QP audio is the factory speakers and amps are not very good. If you want great sound you will have to deal with the output side of the system as well as the input side. However connecting an iPod and Bluetooth can be done pretty easily.

Okay I found the link: http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2749

1 - 10 of 10 Posts