Maserati Forum banner

AuCar upgrade - please sell me your radio take out!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  timado404 
#1 ·
I am looking to replace my stock head unit with a simple swap. One of the radio preset buttons creates an intermittent short when pressed in hot weather, and the screen goes white, then the system restarts.

Anyone who is upgrading to an AuCar willing to sell their working clean stock head unit? The ones on eBay either look like they are smeared with "sticky" residue, or are asking a bit more coin than the AuCar conversion would cost.

Thanks in advance!
--Mark

#2 ·
I have a stock head unit out of my 2013 that I'm willing to sell. I also have the screen if you need that as well.

I'm asking $750 for the head unit and $150 for the screen, plus shipping. Make me an offer.

#4 · (Edited)
did it have any issues with static? Mine has a hissing sound and I already replaced the amp internals and was told it was "probably" the head unit, or, that's just how they all are. Looking at yours, it looks like the face is separated from the main unit, is that what you meant by locking tabs are broken?

regrettably I have but on GranTurismo and cannot verify this lol

#5 ·
No, mine sounds great after I reconnected the main harness. I found that you need to have a solid locking sound get everything to work. I hooked it up twice and at first I had the same issue of static and only one speaker working, but it moved from the back to the whole right side of the car. I hate to say take the dash apart again, but it worked for me. I've been working on aircraft for years and never had a connector feel like it locks in and doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.