Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow maserati owners, suddenly my Aucar head unit stopped to transmit sound to speakers, not sure if any of you had a similar issue. If yes please help to fix this problem

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Hello fellow maserati owners, suddenly my Aucar head unit stopped to transmit sound to speakers, not sure if any of you had a similar issue. If yes please help to fix this problem
I would check your Bose amp fuse, if that is ok then do a soft reset using a paperclip on the face of the head unit, Use the hole without the "eyebrow". If that does not work you will need to take apart the dash and check the main connection to the factory harness, check each wire on the head unit side pushing towards the factory connector, I have seen these no making connection but usually when doing the initial install. Give the harness a good squeeze with the radio on to see if it comes on, just a few things to try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check your Bose amp fuse, if that is ok then do a soft reset using a paperclip on the face of the head unit, Use the hole without the "eyebrow". If that does not work you will need to take apart the dash and check the main connection to the factory harness, check each wire on the head unit side pushing towards the factory connector, I have seen these no making connection but usually when doing the initial install. Give the harness a good squeeze with the radio on to see if it comes on, just a few things to try.
HI Robin, I appreciate your reply, I checked the fuses all OK, the reset hole without eyebrow seems there is nothing in it, half of the paper clip went in and I couldn't feel that there is something to press for reset. I guess now my only option is to take apart the dash, hopefully I can find the cause of the sound loss.
P. S. I will give very bad rating for Aucar head unit manufacturer since they never responded to any technical support inquiries, in addition to that from the first day I installed the head unit my phone contacts got erased every time I turn on and off the car.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
P. S. I will give very bad rating for Aucar head unit manufacturer since they never responded to any technical support inquiries, in addition to that from the first day I installed the head unit my phone contacts got erased every time I turn on and off the car.
bro. They’re Chinese distributors, but they have a network of dealers that do the support. Which Robin is exactly that. Even though you probably didn’t buy it from him, here he is, giving you support.

the reset button is there I’m sure, try again.
Also, check all your connections. These also use a CANBUS emulator to integrate into the factory system, it’s the smaller plastic box on the rear harness. Make sure that is plugged in and working, if it’s not, it won’t turn the Bose amp on.

Also, these Bose amps have a tendency to die, that is the first thing I would look at before I blame the head unit. You can get it fixed for $200 online.
The best solution is to swap your factory head unit back in which takes less than an hour, to diagnose if it’s really the head unit or if it’s the amp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bro. They’re Chinese distributors, but they have a network of dealers that do the support. Which Robin is exactly that. Even though you probably didn’t buy it from him, here he is, giving you support.

Also, check all your connections. These also use a CANBUS emulator to integrate into the factory system, it’s the smaller plastic box on the rear harness. Make sure that is plugged in and working, if it’s not, it won’t turn the Bose amp on.

Also, these Bose amps have a tendency to die, that is the first thing I would look at before I blame the head unit. You can get it fixed for $200 online.
The best solution is to swap your factory head unit back in which takes less than an hour, to diagnose if it’s really the head unit or if it’s the amp.
Hello

Hello
I didn't know that Robert is a distributor for them. We did all required diagnostic as per yours and Robert and finally we came with a dead amplifier. I am not sure if this is a common issue in Granturismo or it is something related to the Aucar Head Unit.
Anyways stuck with a hefty price and fix.
Again I would like to thank you all for the support and feedback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello

Hello
I didn't know that Robert is a distributor for them. We did all required diagnostic as per yours and Robert and finally we came with a dead amplifier. I am not sure if this is a common issue in Granturismo or it is something related to the Aucar Head Unit.
Anyways stuck with a hefty price and fix.
Again I would like to thank you all for the support and feedback.
Sorry Robin, I have been calling you Robert, please accept my apologies 😊

·
Registered
2009 Quattroporte Executive GT
204 Posts
Just wanted to double down on that, these factory bose amps are absolutely junk. Quite common for them to die and stop putting out sound. That's why when I did my upgrade I scrapped all of it, put in an Alpine head unit and 2 real amplifiers in the trunk. If you attached wiring carefully when you installed, my gut would be an amp problem. The guy who fixes these is
Bavlogic
You could easily pull the amp and send it out,, that would eliminate that part of the equation. Amps for these are usually in the driver's rear quarter panel. Couple of nuts and it comes out with the bracket

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to double down on that, these factory bose amps are absolutely junk. Quite common for them to die and stop putting out sound. That's why when I did my upgrade I scrapped all of it, put in an Alpine head unit and 2 real amplifiers in the trunk. If you attached wiring carefully when you installed, my gut would be an amp problem. The guy who fixes these is
Bavlogic
You could easily pull the amp and send it out,, that would eliminate that part of the equation. Amps for these are usually in the driver's rear quarter panel. Couple of nuts and it comes out with the bracket
Thanks Billy. Great info. I will contact Bavlogic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Billy. Great info. I will contact Bavlogic.
HI Billy, I have sent the Amp to Bavlogic, they found out that the software is corrupted, and unfortunately they don't have a software for these specific amps, he needs any Amp of same model even it is broken it will do the purpose.
Do you or any of the members can help me on that?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can you get me a picture of the pigtails on your car? I have an amp that I bought but never used, only tried it to verify. If it's the same, I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it, $175

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had the similar issue after getting my window regulator replaced - no sound at all from Aucar. I wound up getting it back by scannig the ECU w/ my Autel acanner 2x after a battery reset. unfortunately, my AC went out after that.

Im still working on getting the ac fixed.

Personally, I think its a CANBUS related error. I notice whenever I have an aucar error - my trunk and pass locking gets reset to the "unfriendly" mode. Either way, try scanning the ECU and see if it works for you. I can only imagine the issues that the dash replacement would bring!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the similar issue after getting my window regulator replaced - no sound at all from Aucar. I wound up getting it back by scannig the ECU w/ my Autel acanner 2x after a battery reset. unfortunately, my AC went out after that.

Im still working on getting the ac fixed.

Personally, I think its a CANBUS related error. I notice whenever I have an aucar error - my trunk and pass locking gets reset to the "unfriendly" mode. Either way, try scanning the ECU and see if it works for you. I can only imagine the issues that the dash replacement would bring!
Already sent out the Amp for repair and it turned out it has a software issue.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

·
Registered
204 Posts
@ttpopo
That's why I would never put a Chinese Android head unit in my Maserati. I don't trust a Canbus emulator and how it interacts with vehicle network. When you swap any of the vehicle computers, a proxi alignment is done with sd3 or Leonardo software for the system to accept the new module. Surely the emulator probably emulates the hardware id and then pretends to be the missing NIT. What I did relocating my NIT to the trunk may have been alot of work but my system is solid and I NEVER have any problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts