Maserati Forum banner

Do you have issues with your Aucar radio related to sound quality?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
2014 GTS. All kinds of noise, not the radio app bleeding through, either. It's static/digital bits from the circuits bleeding over into the audio side.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
About 3 weeks ago. I rarely listen to the radio, as I use the Sirius/XM app to listen to misic. Next question.
Next question is; If you don’t notice any of the problems expressed in this thread, why are are you even responding? Do you think we are making it up? Or maybe you are just oblivious to a real issue because you don’t care and want to support your decision to buy a product with issues. Trying to convince the members that there is no problem is condescending and disrespectful of some pretty experienced members.

Either way you don’t have a dog in this fight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I for one am not shipping radio back.
The proper way to do this is a even swap where they ship gen2 and we ship gen1 back but they aren't going to do that.

For $600 plus $250 install I will suffer with the noise. I mostly listen to engine and radio is second to that.

It just annoys me that we were promised a fix, then we were told we have to pay more money.

Lesson learned here, which I always said, don't ever buy first gen of unit. I question if Gen2 is really that much better. So far only person who saw and heard it is Robin and he had no issues with Gen1. Maybe there is a difference between what they ship him for demo and what they ship us.

I too kept original and when I sell car I will put original back if they want. For the money I paid I will suffer with the sounds. Maps work good. Wifi sucks. Overall radio is 2 out of 5. I wish the Gen2 buyers better luck!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I for one am not shipping radio back.
The proper way to do this is a even swap where they ship gen2 and we ship gen1 back but they aren't going to do that.

For $600 plus $250 install I will suffer with the noise. I mostly listen to engine and radio is second to that.

It just annoys me that we were promised a fix, then we were told we have to pay more money.

Lesson learned here, which I always said, don't ever buy first gen of unit. I question if Gen2 is really that much better. So far only person who saw and heard it is Robin and he had no issues with Gen1. Maybe there is a difference between what they ship him for demo and what they ship us.

I too kept original and when I sell car I will put original back if they want. For the money I paid I will suffer with the sounds. Maps work good. Wifi sucks. Overall radio is 2 out of 5. I wish the Gen2 buyers better luck!
Just to set you straight, I bought this head unit in October of 2019, The radio came out in the early summer of 2019. I was far from the first to learn about or install this head unit. Several people on the Facebook Maserati group already had them installed and that's how I learned about it and why I purchased it, installed it and shared it. Also there was chatter about it on this forum and ferrari chat. Otherwise I would of never heard about it. Also I would sure like to see the conversation with the person who "promised" a fix. I really don't think anyone promised a fix, just a fix was being looked into.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Next question is; If you don’t notice any of the problems expressed in this thread, why are are you even responding? Do you think we are making it up? Or maybe you are just oblivious to a real issue because you don’t care and want to support your decision to buy a product with issues. Trying to convince the members that there is no problem is condescending and disrespectful of some pretty experienced members.

Either way you don’t have a dog in this fight.
Because it's a freaking poll. I'm not trying to be disrespectful of anyone and I've never insinuated or tried to convince anyone that there aren't those who are having issues. Rather, the only thing I've ever done regarding this matter is to ask people to give Robin a break. He's not responsible, regardless of what others have posted. Those who do have issues should take it up with the manufacturer. Take a chill pill.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well if anybody wants a stable one.... check my very 1st post on my profile... read the comments... never had an issue... runs on the OEM Bose system.

Canavie was 1st to market with the Maserati android unit....

·
Registered
289 Posts
I will wait till everyone has their 2nd gen and if there are no complaints then i might buy it.. i dont mind the extra couple of hundreds outside of group buy

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Well if anybody wants a stable one.... check my very 1st post on my profile... read the comments... never had an issue... runs on the OEM Bose system.

Canavie was 1st to market with the Maserati android unit....
Ahhhhhhhh This is were I discovered the AuCar...lol, guess I hijacked your thread.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Robin, since you launched gen 2 groupe buy I get no respose from Emma on whats app about full refund on gen 1, that I would like to return.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh This is were I discovered the AuCar...lol, guess I hijacked your thread.
I just wanted folks to know your AUCAR intent was genuine and how Aucar came about.... Blame AMPH/AUCAR not Robin... Robin thought he had a good product and wanted to share with others...

You should target your complaints to AMPH: Company Overview - AMPH Industry Shenzhen Co., Ltd..

They are the parent company of AUCAR...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Robin - good point, they don’t seem to have read and responded based on my what’s app thread check marks , but as someone who receives about a thousand emails per day I guess maybe I don’t have the patience of others to check their messages.

I will follow up again for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
And you have the 2 double blue check marks that they have been read every time you have sent a question? I assume you have sent more than once.
I have sent several messages, but they seem to ignore reading and answering, as I am not buying.
Now two weeks without any answer...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Perfect chinese customer service :)

msg them from a different number inquiring about gen 2 and they will reply back pretty quick

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah I'm still waiting 2 weeks on a response re when my sticker and camera will finally be shipped. I been getting excuses since January. These guys really suck, unless you're hawking their cheapass BS. seriously these guys are clowning fools on here...

21 - 40 of 49 Posts