Maserati Forum banner

Do you have issues with your Aucar radio related to sound quality?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd be interested to narrow the issue down further. By that I mean, could the noise be year or model specific. Maybe the this can be narrowed to different alternator, voltage regulator or maybe NIT revision.

I've got a '13 Cabrio and haven't installed mine yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just sent Emma a text to determine how to swap the problematic Gen1 for a Gen2. Has anyone
been in contact with her and received a response? Please reply with any information she has forwarded to you.

Thanks,
Stuart West

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I'd be interested to narrow the issue down further. By that I mean, could the noise be year or model specific. Maybe the this can be narrowed to different alternator, voltage regulator or maybe NIT revision.

I've got a '13 Cabrio and haven't installed mine yet.
I have a 13 Cabrio and the noise is very much noticeable without the engine running so I’m having trouble with the alternator being a problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Emma, sent me all the shipping info and payment through PayPal So time to remove dash and
gen1 unit.
Emma has informed me to shipping via USPS.
If you are buying something, they Will reply, I want to return the unit, that seems very risky. Send the unit and hope they Will return the money....
Did you install the unit? What are you going to do instead of the AuCar?

I’ve been chatting with Emma right now, no delay. She said USPS was ok to ship with. She told me to declare $40 as warranty parts on shipping. I asked about insurance for purchase price and she said she “wasn’t sure about that lol“ That is not very comforting. Has anyone done the return ship and PayPal $600 route?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Emma has informed me to shipping via USPS.

Did you install the unit? What are you going to do instead of the AuCar?

I’ve been chatting with Emma right now, no delay. She said USPS was ok to ship with. She told me to declare $40 as warranty parts on shipping. I asked about insurance for purchase price and she said she “wasn’t sure about that lol“ That is not very comforting. Has anyone done the return ship and PayPal $600 route?
return address:
Miss Zhu Hui
RM C,5/F,
YAM-ON BLDG,
32-34 CASTLE PEAK ROAD,
YUEN LONG,
NEW TERRITORIES.
Hong Kong
phone 57014411

in Chinese: 香港新界元朗青山公路元朗段32-34号任安楼6楼C室,朱辉,57014411

“ Shipping will be using express
FedEx mostly
We will see the processing speed of DHL by then, if they are fast we can also send by DHL
We will see the processing speed of DHL by then, if they are fast we can also send by DHL
Return shipping you can send by USPS no problem”

Ok, shipping insurance? How much? Purchase price? (Me)

“I am not sure about that lol.”

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
102 Posts
return address:
Miss Zhu Hui
RM C,5/F,
YAM-ON BLDG,
32-34 CASTLE PEAK ROAD,
YUEN LONG,
NEW TERRITORIES.
Hong Kong
phone 57014411

in Chinese: 香港新界元朗青山公路元朗段32-34号任安楼6楼C室,朱辉,57014411

“ Shipping will be using express
FedEx mostly
Return shipping you can send by USPS no problem”

Ok, shipping insurance? How much? Purchase price? (Me)

“I am not sure about that lol.”
If you declare $40.00 you may not want to claim purchase price in different amount you get it as you remember when you got the first radio they declared $35.00 as value they may have to pay government tax on high dollars, it is the same when you travel from the u.s to other countries you declare way less value to things you bring with you if you ever travel outside of the u.s and same for returning with things IE gifts you digg

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you declare $40.00 you may not want to claim purchase price in different amount you get it as you remember when you got the first radio they declared $35.00 as value they may have to pay government tax on high dollars, it is the same when you travel from the u.s to other countries you declare way less value to things you bring with you if you ever travel outside of the u.s and same for returning with things IE gifts you digg
Yes, Robin said as much

·
Premium Member
643 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Not so fast. I have a 2013 cabrio and I don't hear any noise.
When’s the last time you had your hearing checked? :unsure:

·
Registered
159 Posts
We all know the Gen1 isnt perfect.

I have got hiss and pops. Wifi sucks. But I have no hope that they will make it right. I also dont really make it a priority because i rarely listen to stereo and mostly the exhaust. The carbon fiber looks great, and it sure is better than the shitty stock unit.

I do hope it stays working as is and never quits because im not sure we would even get support. Can our cars even run without it?

I kept my stock just for this reason boxed in the garage.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts