Maserati Forum banner

AuCar Gen 3.0 I have no sound! What 2 wires to amp?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TheGreatPretender 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am in hell. Please help. I have no sound, and I think the solution is counterintuitive. Which wires need to be wired to amp to get sound? I really need the help. I have watched a ton of vids on YouTube. Cayman speaks more of the backup camera than he does other parts. My backup camera works well. Can someone share what they know regarding the two wires? I would appreciate it!

#2 ·
I just had the same problem this week. Gen 3 is once again a different set of wires, so none of the available videos are an exact match. I was able to figure it out by making a correlation from those videos though. Each video shows two sets of wires with clips that need to be connected to each other; two wires on the main harness that connect to two matching wires on other harnesses connecting to the head unit. These new harnesses only have one matching pair of clips though, and the other set of random wires is a blue wire with no clip and a black wire with a black clip that doesn't seem to match anything. So, I cut that clip off of the black wire, connected the blue wire to the black, and voila, it powers on the Bose amp and I have sound. Since I just buttoned it all up, I can't share a picture, but if you're still fighting this, you can send me a picture of your harnesses and I can show you which ones I'm talking about connecting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.