Maserati Forum banner

Aucar Gen 2 questions and tips

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  18000rpm 
#1 ·
I really love the head unit - works great and sounds significantly better than the stock head unit. HUGE difference in audio quality.

Some questions I have:

1. Some sounds do not play under CarPlay. For example open Messages under CarPlay and tap on a message. It's supposed to read the message but I get silence. Same if I use Siri. Can someone else confirm?

2. WiFi is off by default - I always have to manually turn it on.

3. The car has 2 Bluetooth chips, one for audio streaming etc and one for data such as OBDII and TPMS sensors. The second one, which you can access under Bluetooth->Settings->Bluetooth Data is always off and I need to manually turn it on. Any way to have it on by default so I can use my OBDII app without having to manually turn it on each time? Here's the menu:

Tip:
OBDII is amazing! I got one of these https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Sc...hild=1&keywords=elm327&qid=1622375146&sr=8-14

And now I can display these info:

See less See more
#2 ·
I really love the head unit - works great and sounds significantly better than the stock head unit. HUGE difference in audio quality.

Some questions I have:

1. Some sounds do not play under CarPlay. For example open Messages under CarPlay and tap on a message. It's supposed to read the message but I get silence. Same if I use Siri. Can someone else confirm?

2. WiFi is off by default - I always have to manually turn it on.

3. The car has 2 Bluetooth chips, one for audio streaming etc and one for data such as OBDII and TPMS sensors. The second one, which you can access under Bluetooth->Settings->Bluetooth Data is always off and I need to manually turn it on. Any way to have it on by default so I can use my OBDII app without having to manually turn it on each time? Here's the menu:
View attachment 137486

Tip:
OBDII is amazing! I got one of these Amazon.com: ELM327 OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Code Reader Reset for Android Windows, Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool Vehicle OBDII Adapter for Check Engine Light with Torque Pro APP: Automotive

And now I can display these info:
View attachment 137487 View attachment 137488
Sweet app!
You can go into developer options to configure BT and wifi to stay awake...

Its the whole tap three times to open developer options. See cayman spiders youtube videos on the unit... he shows you how to get in.... also there are alot of youtube videos on getting into developer options... I think our password is 8888..to unlock developer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.