Maserati Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think this is the issue and why mine connects but then disconnects with "out of range" error.
Is you AuCar connected to your home WiFi, like in the garage? When I leave the house, the house WiFi drops for out of range and I have to go to AuCa more settings and to WiFi internet connections and select my iPhone. The hotspot stays on. I haven’t figured out why my iPhone doesn't automatically take over after my house WiFi is out of range?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Is you AuCar connected to your home WiFi, like in the garage? When I leave the house, the house WiFi drops for out of range and I have to go to AuCa more settings and to WiFi internet connections and select my iPhone. The hotspot stays on. I haven’t figured out why my iPhone doesn't automatically take over after my house WiFi is out of range?
Most likely because the hotspot on the iPhone is 5GHz and the head unit is looking for 2.4GHz. You can't change your iPhone to 2.4GHz.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can connect fine to home wifi, no issues.
In garage, I forget home network and can't connect to iphone or get it to hold the connection.
Even after I leave the garage, it is hard to get it to see iphone and connect.
Carplay works fine and that is all I use.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the carplay works great and I am happy with it. I bought a short heavy duty cable that I plug into the USB lighter I wired directly to head unit. First thing I do when I get in car is plug my phone in. ZLINK starts and connects it. Then I have waze and music which is all I need. Biggest issue with carplay is that the phone has a tendancy to lose power faster than it charges because all the apps are really running on the phone and not the head unit. For short drives it is fine but I am sure on any drive over 2 hours it could be a issue.

Nice thing about this is I also don't touch the phone when driving.

Has anyone found that the contact name does not come up when bluetooth gets a call? I may stop using bluetooth as well because with carplay I get my contacts but with the head unit bluetooth I don't.

Like I have said from day 1, this radio is far from perfect but the carplay is decent and its nice having waze on the big screen telling me where cops and accidents are.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I guess but I hate android. It is prone to viruses. I am a apple
Person and not changing to have more head unit features.
Another idea is get a android hotspot device like a mifi. But that is a extra charge. Not worth it. Use CarPlay. Works fine. Sounds fine. Install usb lighter and it’s clean and efficient.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I guess but I hate android. It is prone to viruses. I am a apple
Person and not changing to have more head unit features.
Another idea is get a android hotspot device like a mifi. But that is a extra charge. Not worth it. Use CarPlay. Works fine. Sounds fine. Install usb lighter and it’s clean and efficient.
Androids are NOT prone to viruses..lol..i have used Android from the beginning and have never had a virus or heard of anyone. I think your confused with windows...but if anyone has ever had an Android virus I would like to hear from them..lol

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for info. My house‘s Wifi is 5G and the head unit connects automatically. Am I talking about the same thing?
It is the same thing, but I would take a look at your home wifi to see if it's also broadcasting at 2.4GHz. My home wifi router is dual band, so it broadcasts at both frequencies. This is why the head unit would immediately connect to my home wifi when the car was in the garage, but it wouldn't connect to my phone's hotspot, which was being broadcast at 5GHz. After changing the band to 2.4GHz (you can't do this on an iPhone), the head unit immediately connected to my phone's hotspot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It’s a open operating system. Depends how you use it. I have friends who have gotten them. If you are careful where you surf and download then you are okay.

finally got my Maserati logo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't peel off front, just the back of it. Align using the front edge as guide and center ER in Maserati over the center of A/C display window. The up down center is by eye. Not saying it is perfect but not many choices. I tried to tape front and center but then it was too hard to peel the back. You will only get one shot at it, so be careful and once you place it go for it, don't peel it up, it will break

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi good evening everybody,

So today I star to install my head unit ordered in the beginning of 2020.
Radio is not working I suppose I pout the wrong wire.! But I don't know which one of the 3 is the good!
Do someone can give me the color of the good one?!
by advance thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hi good evening everybody,

So today I star to install my head unit ordered in the beginning of 2020.
Radio is not working I suppose I pout the wrong wire.! But I don't know which one of the 3 is the good!
Do someone can give me the color of the good one?!
by advance thank you for your help.
View attachment 130167
White

81 - 100 of 126 Posts