Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
You get to the balance/fade control from the EQ settings screen. Go to App List -> Settings -> Equilizer, then press the arrow on bottom right. You can also get to the EQ from the radio or any music player.
I've had to set my fade far to the rear to get adequate volume from the rear speakers, but it works fine.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Did you know the GT has two OBD II connecting ports.

One on the far left bottom of the dash next to the door.

The other found on the upper left of the drivers side fuse panel accessed by pulling down the panel under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here's my tip.

#1 DITCH the stock launcher app its terrible.

Its simple.

1) DL the app Car Launcher PRO

2) run the app

3) be blown away by the improved interface

4) press the home button, you'll get a dialog to bind the home button to the new or old launcher (choose the new one)
now on, pressing home will take you to the new launcher. It will also default to it on startup.

5) You may also get a dialog asking to turn ON notifications (and allow media and microphone access)

6) You can add your apps to the dash (press add, then name a folder - name doesn't matter)

7) You can rearrange them add more apps - whatever you want as per normal android home screen fashion

8) importantly all the old apps remain, I would NOT delete the ones with a green android icon (like CANBUS) etc

9) I would also DL a new music player I use "music player plus"

10) ENJOY!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's my tip.

Its simple.

2) run the app

4) press the home button, you'll get a dialog to bind the home button to the new or old launcher (choose the new one)
now on, pressing home will take you to the new launcher. It will also default to it on startup.

5) You may also get a dialog asking to turn ON notifications (and allow media and microphone access)

6) You can add your apps to the dash (press add, then name a folder - name doesn't matter)

7) You can rearrange them add more apps - whatever you want as per normal android home screen fashion

8) importantly all the old apps remain, I would NOT delete the ones with a green android icon (like CANBUS) etc

10) ENJOY!

AWESOME THANK YOU!!!!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
So...I decided to do some experimenting and thought that for those of you who want your newly installed unit to look completely stock, you can try this. I'm NOT recommending it...I'm just showing everyone that it can be done.

The first unit that was shipped to me was defective, so Eric sent a new one to me and he said that I could keep the plastic surround from the defective unit since I had already painted it. I removed the plastic surround from the defective unit and returned it Eric. I received the replacement and that one has been installed in my car. I decided not to paint the replacement unit because I really didn't like the paint match.

I wanted to see if I could get the chrome button bezels from stock unit to fit into the new surround and since I had the old surround, I thought I'd experiment on it.

If you want to attempt the mod, you'll need a metric stepped drill bit. I purchased this one from Amazon:

Step Drill Bit High Speed Steel Cone Drill Bit Hex Shank Titanium Coated Hole Cutter 4-22mm

I taped the drill bit so that I'd know when I got to 19mm. This is the hole size in the stock unit. On the top hole, I started drilling from the outside and saw that it "chipped" the plastic. You can see the chips in the photo. (First photo - First hole) I then drilled the second hole from the inside and it worked perfectly. (First photo - Second hole). In additional to drilling the hole, you'll have to remove the plastic lips that surrounds the holes. I did this after drilling and I used an Exacto knife to cut off the remaining plastic. (Second photo)

I then removed the chrome surrounds from the stock unit (they're just pressed in place) and separated them. I had initially thought that I would have to remove the "ears" on the chrome surrounds, but found that it's not necessary, provided you insert the surrounds so that the ears don't interfere with the fit.

I'm planning to do the remaining two holes tomorrow and then I'll consider removing the unit in my car to do the mod on it. I purchased a unit for a friend and he said that he's definitely going to do the mod. I made sure to tell him to do it at his own risk!

·
Registered
82 Posts
So...I decided to do some experimenting and thought that for those of you who want your newly installed unit to look completely stock, you can try this. I'm NOT recommending it...I'm just showing everyone that it can be done.

The first unit that was shipped to me was defective, so Eric sent a new one to me and he said that I could keep the plastic surround from the defective unit since I had already painted it. I removed the plastic surround from the defective unit and returned it Eric. I received the replacement and that one has been installed in my car. I decided not to paint the replacement unit because I really didn't like the paint match.

I wanted to see if I could get the chrome button bezels from stock unit to fit into the new surround and since I had the old surround, I thought I'd experiment on it.

If you want to attempt the mod, you'll need a metric stepped drill bit. I purchased this one from Amazon:

Step Drill Bit High Speed Steel Cone Drill Bit Hex Shank Titanium Coated Hole Cutter 4-22mm

I taped the drill bit so that I'd know when I got to 19mm. This is the hole size in the stock unit. On the top hole, I started drilling from the outside and saw that it "chipped" the plastic. You can see the chips in the photo. (First photo - First hole) I then drilled the second hole from the inside and it worked perfectly. (First photo - Second hole). In additional to drilling the hole, you'll have to remove the plastic lips that surrounds the holes. I did this after drilling and I used an Exacto knife to cut off the remaining plastic. (Second photo)

I then removed the chrome surrounds from the stock unit (they're just pressed in place) and separated them. I had initially thought that I would have to remove the "ears" on the chrome surrounds, but found that it's not necessary, provided you insert the surrounds so that the ears don't interfere with the fit.

I'm planning to do the remaining two holes tomorrow and then I'll consider removing the unit in my car to do the mod on it. I purchased a unit for a friend and he said that he's definitely going to do the mod. I made sure to tell him to do it at his own risk!
Nice!!

I'll be doing the install during president's day weekend but this is exactly what I was planning to do!

My plan was to align the two small protrusions so that they don't interfere with the switch module and then apply a bit of UV glue/epoxy on them to fix them in place. I had not anticipated that the back of the new unit had raised lip around the holes so will see if I can jig up some kind of low-speed grinding to get a flat surface.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's my tip.

Its simple.

2) run the app

10) ENJOY!

This exactly!

I haven't installed the unit yet but can't wait to get started. For those that have dabbed their feet in the world of Android, you know that customization opportunities are endless. Especially when working with a rooted system.

I was personally going to try 2 launchers:

1. AGAMA launcher....It comes with a 30 day trial and I think cost $2 to purchase. I liked the simplicity of the setup. It's clean and functional. I contacted the developer to see if they can add the Maserati logo. I have seen a few comments complain about lack of response from the developer so let's see. If I do hear back, then this may be my first trial.

2. CarWebGuru with a custom theme....specifically one of the following. The developer seems to be fairly active and these themes are similar to the UI you may find in modern head units.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This exactly!

I haven't installed the unit yet but can't wait to get started. For those that have dabbed their feet in the world of Android, you know that customization opportunities are endless. Especially when working with a rooted system.

I was personally going to try 2 launchers:

1. AGAMA launcher....It comes with a 30 day trial and I think cost $2 to purchase. I liked the simplicity of the setup. It's clean and functional. I contacted the developer to see if they can add the Maserati logo. I have seen a few comments complain about lack of response from the developer so let's see. If I do hear back, then this may be my first trial.

2. CarWebGuru with a custom theme....specifically one of the following. The developer seems to be fairly active and these themes are similar to the UI you may find in modern head units.

Those two look pretty cool. I tried car web guru (video at 5:00) but the theme was pretty weak sauce. I did like the option to display the speed front/center. Where did you find those themes? on XDA dev forum?

I'll give them a try later today.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice!!

I'll be doing the install during president's day weekend but this is exactly what I was planning to do!

My plan was to align the two small protrusions so that they don't interfere with the switch module and then apply a bit of UV glue/epoxy on them to fix them in place. I had not anticipated that the back of the new unit had raised lip around the holes so will see if I can jig up some kind of low-speed grinding to get a flat surface.
You'll still have to drill the holes in the new unit because they aren't wide enough for the chrome rings.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here is how to add the Trident logo to the Car Launcher Pro.

Here are the steps,
1. download Zedge from the play store
2. Search for Maserati, pick your logo or picture in wallpapers, tap it, tap it again so it is full screen, press done on lower right corner, choose download only and exit out.
3 From your pro launcher screen, go to settings, scroll down to Car Logo, select a logo, choose from your gallery, pinch to zoom your logo so the picture fills the circle and hit ok
4. Go to edit theme, tap once on the clock, it will turn red, press where it says "clicks" on the upper left, On the bottom press the Plus sign, choose "Widget Car Launcher" choose your logo, in very upper left corner press ok...your done.

Now you can cylcle through the clock, logo or any other item you want, I also added the Speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those two look pretty cool. I tried car web guru (video at 5:00) but the theme was pretty weak sauce. I did like the option to display the speed front/center. Where did you find those themes? on XDA dev forum?

I'll give them a try later today.
I haven't played with the launcher itself yet but looks like it may be part of the paid app. See this video:

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I haven't played with the launcher itself yet but looks like it may be part of the paid app. See this video:

Thats the carwebguru launcher, I downloaded the Car Launcher Pro, $2.99, well worth it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here is how to add the Trident logo to the Car Launcher Pro.

Here are the steps,
1. download Zedge from the play store
2. Search for Maserati, pick your logo or picture in wallpapers, tap it, tap it again so it is full screen, press done on lower right corner, choose download only and exit out.
3 From your pro launcher screen, go to settings, scroll down to Car Logo, select a logo, choose from your gallery, pinch to zoom your logo so the picture fills the circle and hit ok
4. Go to edit theme, tap once on the clock, it will turn red, press where it says "clicks" on the upper left, On the bottom press the Plus sign, choose "Widget Car Launcher" choose your logo, in very upper left corner press ok...your done.

Now you can cylcle through the clock, logo or any other item you want, I also added the Speedo.
Speedometer is pretty damn cool!

Great job with the logo, gwan add that.

such an awesome upgrade.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great job on the new interface guys. Can’t wait to try it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Great job on the new interface guys. Can’t wait to try it!

I’m almost done with my installation and my backup camera is dead. I had to cut the wire to feed it thru the drilled hole in the trunk and have not been able to get it to work since. I prefer not to wait for a replacement from China and wanted to know if anyone know the specs on the backup camera that was supplied with our kit. I know it mentioned being HD, but does that mean 1080P, 1080x760, 720P - I’ve seen different specs online for “HD” backup cameras? It it even feasible to transmit an HD image over an RCA cable?

Any replacement suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey Please post that on the main thread, Just keeping Tips and Tricks here, we can help you there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
For those of you that have the unit installed already, can you dig around in the settings menu to see if there is an option for "more settings" or something along those lines?

If so, I'm wondering if there is a setting for "ACC Off delay."

In some of the Android head units available in the market, this function is available to put the units into a hibernation mode (draws about 12-15mah) when turning off the car. It allows for an "instant on" since it doesn't have to keep doing a full hard boot. It's simply just waking up so UI is displayed in 1-2 seconds.

And the hibernation current draw is low enough that it shouldn't drain the battery too much even if only using the car a few times a week. And for storage, one would simply disable the hibernation mode altogether.

Can you repost in the main thread..will have more users see it and a very good discussion. Then we can post the result if found in here.(y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
took one for the team and bought that AGAMA Launcher..

Verdict = do NOT buy! (lol)

that BIG logo front and center..theres options for other car logos but Maserati is not one of them

dont be too offended tho - ferrari and lambo weren’t options either ;)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts