Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Please post all your Tips and Tricks only to improve our experience and for all to learn from. DO NOT post problems or issues, post those in the main thread. This is to help everone with making our head units better and share functions and features we may not know about. You may post "fixes" to any known issues but discussions should be on the main thread.

Thanks so much guys, enjoy this awesome upgrade!!!!!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts

1) The center console wiring does not need to be detached accept for the cup light. With the ignition on, put the car in neutral, pull up sharply on the shift knob and it will come off. Now the leather boot can be slid up and the whole console moved out of the way without prying leather trim piece off. Put shift knob back in, loosely, and you can put it back in park, lift the knob back out and remove the key.

2) when you’re ready to remove the dash, the last tab on the top-left will be restrained by a metal tab that is part of the flexible steering column boot. There are two Philips head screws holding it to the instrument cluster, they only need to be loosened to back off the bracket and allow the dash to slide out without damage.

·
Registered
538 Posts
How does one get to the settings that control the trunk button, electric door buttons, etc.?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Car info app on main screen...then go to Car settings... 4 min mark on demo video
Thanks Robin. I'll try this after I get my steering wheel back from being refurbished. Right now, the neither the electric door buttons or the electric trunk button works.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disconnected my battery and then after reconnectng, the window would go down slightly but the electric door opener would not work, I locked the car with the fob and unlocked it and resolved it. The trunk setting is default set to on so just set to off and should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Hello...I thought this thread was about hints and tips...not problems and complaints. Maybe we need a separate thread about problems and complaints.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hello...I thought this thread was about hints and tips...not problems and complaints. Maybe we need a separate thread about problems and complaints.
Mine wasn't a problem or a complaint. I was asking how to change the settings for the door and trunk locks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For remaining mileage from the main screen, go to car info app-ECU

Not sure about radio name, have you tried all the options on the bottom in the radio app? I never use the radio so I haven't even opened it up but for a brief moment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For anyone interested, I was able to get Android Auto working. As I suspected, ONLY Apple Play wired is supported by default. The company that makes Zlink is www.zjinnova.com and they can get you an activation code to enable Car Play Wireless and Android Auto. You have to email them and they'll charge you $40 via PayPal. They were very fast to respond. I emailed them at [email protected] and [email protected]

Once you get a code, you need to go to the More Features button under About in Zlink. Click the button with all 3 options (Carplay Wired, Wireless, Android Auto). Scroll down on the QR code and you'll find a place to put the code. Click activate and you should get a success message. Then when you go to the Zlink Home screen, you should see that there are three icons in the lower right (instead of just one).

From there, I still couldn't get my Android Phone to work immediately (YMMV). I took my wife's iPhone and plugged it in. Then went to Siri and CarPlay popped up as expected. I then tried my Android phone again and it worked. Now Android Auto works great. My only annoyance is that there is a banner on the far right with Android but not Apple. I've sent an email to the Zlink people to see if they had any way to make Android Auto take up the whole screen.

For those wondering why I want Android Auto.
1) Voice Integration - The default Google Maps on the unit doesn't seem to respond to voice.
2) Text alerts and playback - When I get a text it will read it and I can respond via voice.
3) Android Auto UI - It gives a nice way to have maps and Audible, Music, etc. going at the same time with the ability to play/pause, etc. without jumping around.

Here are pics of the process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Low-Level Audio Fix:
There have been a lot of complaints about the default volume being set too high. I found a place to change the audio gain on the unit. By default, they are all set to the maximum. I dropped them down hoping to reduce the amount of background noise from the radio and other audio artifacts. It didn't seem to help the artifacts but it did help with the low-level audio output.

In summary: If you want Volume = 1 to be less loud. Reduce your gain.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great, if we can just figure out how to get iphone hotspot to stay connected to head unit.
Mine still drops with out of range error. I am told it is a channel issue.
Need a way to lock to a lower channel that android recognizes.

Anyone with iphone have that issue?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Great, if we can just figure out how to get iphone hotspot to stay connected to head unit.
Mine still drops with out of range error. I am told it is a channel issue.
Need a way to lock to a lower channel that android recognizes.

Anyone with iphone have that issue?
I have an iPhone 6 and leave the hot spot on all the time. If I’m traveling locally, I just leave it in my pocket or throw it in the cup holder and the head unit connects without me doing anything. If I’m going to be on the road for more than an hour I’ll plug into the USB just to keep the phone charged.

I don’t think I did anything special so maybe you’re having an antenna issue? I don’t know but just trying help by saying mine works great so it may not be a software problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine connects fine to my computer
My head unit connects fine to my home wifi
So its not the head unit and not my phone.
I see it connect but then it goes to a status of saved and I see a message pop up that says "out of range"
When I researched this it says it is because iphones like channels that android won't find and you can't change the channel. I have a Iphone X

1 - 20 of 56 Posts