Maserati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Robin,

I know you use your hotspot to run everything, but can you tell me about the quality of the navigation map (And directions) using onboard GPS only?

There will be times that a cellular connection will not be possible while traveling.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Robin,
Did you figure out the gps puck placement and backup camera wire routing?
Yes I did get the GPS mounted by the mirror but was 2" short to mounting it in the blacked out area, but it is small enough it's still out of the way. I ordered a wire worm from amazon 16 bucks to pull the wire where needed, I hope to work on it this weekend and do the video, for sure the first part of next week, I have talked to a couple people who have done it and taking the best route possible so everybody can do it.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hi Robin,

I know you use your hotspot to run everything, but can you tell me about the quality of the navigation map (And directions) using onboard GPS only?

There will be times that a cellular connection will not be possible while traveling.

Thanks
While online you can download maps to work offline. Its works great and looks just like when online, I use it all the time on my Android tablet while traveling in the SUV. My opinion google maps is the best there is.

Open the Google Maps/Navigation . Make sure you're connected to the Internet and signed in to Google Maps. Search for a place, like San Francisco . At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place tap More . Select Download offline map Download, it will download your route and work totally offline.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Ok guys, I want to update everyone on the status. We have surpassed 10+ units so we get the deepest discount. I am putting a deadline of November 15th to join the group buy so we can get them coming. You will have the following options for LHD (Left Hand Drive) RHD (Right Hand Drive) models. I will send each of you a link which will be through Aliexpress and you will choose your color and add on's, I will send LHD links and RHD links. If for some reason you can't get Aliexpress to work an invoice from PayPal will be sent and you can pay through there, They are PayPal verified. I will message you through Facebook or the Maseratilife forum.

1. LHD Gloss black and silver $1000
2. LHD All Piano black $1000
3. LHD Carbon Fiber (dark, not the silver) $1100

1. RHD Gloss black and silver $1050
2. RHD All Piano black $1050
3. RHD Carbon Fiber (dark, not the silver) $1150

HD backup camera $5.99

All pricing I am quoting is in USD

I still need to get the OBDII pricing if you choose that option

Shipping is Free

**European Customers: Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, France, etc. They will arrange DHL tax free shipping for you. There is a $65 fee in advance and DHL will clear customs and deliver to your door

So everybody knows the name of the company who produces the AuCar systems is Amph-Industry Shenzhen Co LTD.

My contacts are Eric Zeng and his boss Emma, Eric is on Facebook and has been outstanding at answering questions

My email is [email protected]m, You can contact me anytime

Thank you everyone who has committed!

Robin

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hi Robin,

Thanks
Hey I stand corrected, The GPS (Google Maps) runs on full Offline mode, it is not necessary to run WiFi. You have the Option to run on WiFi mode to receive realtime updates, accidents, speedtraps, road closures etc. Still learning...lol

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! I will be sending the links and instructions out today to each of you. I will send a PM to each of you!!! The time has come!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Robin were able to map the steering wheel buttons on the back to any functions on the Android? Like vol or fwd?

I’m trying to remap those buttons for other uses... its looks like they don’t respond with the android unit.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! I will be sending the links and instructions out today to each of you. I will send a PM to each of you!!! The time has come!!
I received the links and I just placed my order! I had to use PayPal (no big deal) as Chase kept alerting the purchase as a fraudulent purchase and I didn't feel like calling them. I'm now like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Reactions: I_gotta_GTS

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Robin were able to map the steering wheel buttons on the back to any functions on the Android? Like vol or fwd?

I’m trying to remap those buttons for other uses... its looks like they don’t respond with the android unit.
I will try those buttons, I actually forgot about those being back there, not sure if can map those from our end

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Looking forward to the videos!

Quick question for you in the meantime...is there an open port for an additional video input?

My goal is to have a front and rear camera setups since the MCs only come with sensors in the rear.
The AuCar unit only mentions a single camera input through the harness...no traditional RCA inputs. So is it not possible to have more than one camera? View attachment 128280
Sent PM on Group buy

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hello, Here are the links to purchase the Group Buy AuCar 9" Head unit. There are 4 links as you see, the price of the Head unit includes the HD backup camera weather you install it or not, My suggestion is wire it as I did in the video and tuck it away and if you decide you want to hook it up it is there. This is through Aliexpress. IF and only If you cannot get it to go through I will need your PayPal email address and you can send me your specs and they will send an invoice through PayPal to complete the order.

Please look very closely at the options when ordering, each color is there, choose color/style and whether you have LHD (left hand drive) or RHD (right hand drive) and add it to cart, next you can choose if you want a USB dash cam, they just threw that in there if you would like one. You will also see a WiFi OBD2 option. once again add it to the cart if you would like one.
European Customers, You can choose the Tax free link and will ship via DHL right to your door, and pass through customs, Just add it to your cart.

These links will be good though November 15th

My email is [email protected]

Thank you so much!

Robin Elliott

Car Radio link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000353805459.html

USB dash camera
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000328720042.html

Tax free link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32946783754.html

wifi OBD2 link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956355360.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
What features do you get with this unit except for bigger screen compared to OEM screen?

Back camera is one, what is The other most important features?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
What features do you get with this unit except for bigger screen compared to OEM screen?

[/QUOTE

Night and Day difference, You can't even compair the 2, 2008 tech vs 2019 tech, here is my video showing the functions.

61 - 80 of 222 Posts