Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Another great video Robin! I hate to keep asking questions, but since this is an Android unit, how does a user get Apple Carplay to work on it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Another great video Robin! I hate to keep asking questions, but since this is an Android unit, how does a user get Apple Carplay to work on it?
Thank you! You can use easyconnection and you can see the wifi iphone connection, just turn on your wifi hotspot and press the iphone wifi on the aucar screen and it will mirror your iphone. If you dont have hotspot on your phone then you can use zlink with the usb. You can use bluetooth for phone calls music etc too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
FINALLY!!! Sorry, jw38...
But it feels good to be on the 'right' side for once lol
It seems like i'm always asking, "how does my Android/Galaxy work with that?" I'm surrounded by APPLEHEADS - my GF, Nephew, Sister, Mom, neighbor, mailman... :rolleyes:
(let me have this small victory) lol

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thank you! You can use easyconnection and you can see the wifi iphone connection, just turn on your wifi hotspot and press the iphone wifi on the aucar screen and it will mirror your iphone. If you dont have hotspot on your phone then you can use zlink with the usb. You can use bluetooth for phone calls music etc too.
Awesome...thanks Robin! Like you, I use Verizon, so I can use the hotspot to mirror my iPhone. I really wish I had an Android phone, but we only use iPhones for work...Grrr!!!

FINALLY!!! Sorry, jw38...
But it feels good to be on the 'right' side for once lol
It seems like i'm always asking, "how does my Android/Galaxy work with that?" I'm surrounded by APPLEHEADS - my GF, Nephew, Sister, Mom, neighbor, mailman... :rolleyes:
(let me have this small victory) lol
LOL! You are awarded the victory!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Awesome...thanks Robin! Like you, I use Verizon, so I can use the hotspot to mirror my iPhone. I really wish I had an Android phone, but we only use iPhones for work...Grrr!!!

(y)👑🏆🥇 Thank you, my friend!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Brings new life to the bose system!
Doesnt it feel weird to have all those options on your head unit now? And the digital sound right? Have you set your eq yet?

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Robin great work! Do you know how the OBDII connection works with this unit?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

[
Brings new life to the bose system!

Doesnt it feel weird to have all those options on your head unit now? And the digital sound right? Have you set your eq yet?
[/QUOTE
It is weird to have all the options, I wish I could drive my car but it is full blown winter here, the sound is awesome, I haven't played to much with the EQ just a quick set up.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm planning to purchase the unit next week but when I looked at it via the !ink, it says the promo code is no longer valid. No big deal because I'm not sure I need the back-up camera or the dash cam.
I just sent message to them to get it active, I get a little kick back for each sale for promoting it.(y)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Robin great work! Do you know how the OBDII connection works with this unit?
Thank you!! I just sent that question to them so should get an answer tonight, or by morning. I use the Autel MX800 scanner which is amazing, cost was under $400 so didn't opt for one but will find out for ya.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for asking them. I'm interested in displaying engine data such as oil pressure, charging voltage, tranny temp etc on that nice display. Our cars aren't exactly over instrumented

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm planning to purchase the unit next week but when I looked at it via the !ink, it says the promo code is no longer valid. No big deal because I'm not sure I need the back-up camera or the dash cam.
Thanks Robin. You've done an absolutely amazing job and a great service for the members of this forum!

It is weird to have all the options, I wish I could drive my car but it is full blown winter here, the sound is awesome, I haven't played to much with the EQ just a quick set up.
Well, you could move to the San Antonio area (hint, hint!) where you can drive all year! My wife and I are headed to the Formula 1 race in Auston in about an hour!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks for asking them. I'm interested in displaying engine data such as oil pressure, charging voltage, tranny temp etc on that nice display. Our cars aren't exactly over instrumented
Tranny temp??? Spoken like a true pilot, LOL :p

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Good news guys, I have the OBDII coming so I will install it and do a Demo on it, will take about 10-15 days to get it.

41 - 60 of 186 Posts